• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2024

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
The negative reaction with Beale signing is overblown. It is only injury cover and they wouldn’t have paid much so don’t have a lot to lose. Lots of super rugby players have gone back to Shute shield and not stood out whereas he has looked good the last 2 games

As for the culture well he has a couple of months to prove himself, I don’t think he is going to come west and start acting like a dick after everything that has happened. I hope he starts at 15 against crusaders

WFDS

Herbert Moran (7)
The negative reaction with Beale signing is overblown. It is only injury cover and they wouldn’t have paid much so don’t have a lot to lose. Lots of super rugby players have gone back to Shute shield and not stood out whereas he has looked good the last 2 games

As for the culture well he has a couple of months to prove himself, I don’t think he is going to come west and start acting like a dick after everything that has happened. I hope he starts at 15 against crusaders
But what sort of message does it send the guys that are already there?

On this weeks podcast Mitch quite rightly stated that poor Max Burey who was one of the finds of last year must be so pi$$ed off with what’s going on. He could end up playing club rugby next weekend.

And on the 2nd podcast of the year the new Force CEO stated that the Force now recruit “good character before skill set”!

Apparently not!

They also quite rightly pointed out that we’re not developing potential talent when you’re signing the likes of Beale and Carter. Poor Reggie Churchwood who was blooded in the Cheetahs series was overlooked in favour for a kiwi prop who made his debut in Auckland because he lives close by!!!!

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
But what sort of message does it send the guys that are already there?

that their performances haven't been good enough so the club is look externally?

1712871506002.png

Attachments

• 1712871489554.png
    1712871489554.png
    9.8 KB · Views: 17

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Yeh that's the angle I find interesting.

We always hear from the posters here about how much of community the Force are building in WA through rugby.

But they signed a bloke who's admitted to cheating on his pregnant wife in the toilet of a pub? The optics seem really off to me.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I’m a Beale critic as much as anyone, however to play devil advocate he wasn’t actually found guilty of anything, so really it’s a question of morality.

And there’s every chance what he did is in line with their own relationship boundaries, and people are judging him based on their own standards

In either case I really dont think Beale is going to have a detrimental impact on Force culture

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)

Brandon Paenga-Amosa joining the Force in June. Great signing for the Force and could should rocket straight into Wallabies calculations.
Last time I checked the last round is late May so is not going to be a factor this year unless the Force scraped into the findels....fynduls.....fyenol......... fINALS.......sorry didn't know how to spell it. It's an unfamiliar word as a Force fan.

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
The only question that should be asked of the Beale signing is

- does he improve the playing squad?
- does he make players better around him on the field?
- does he drive professional standards directly related to rugby?

maybe answering these the answer is no. That’s perfectly reasonable. I think it’s a strange signing and doesn’t add a lot.

No club should be making decisions based on wives and girlfriends. And without meeting the guy and making their own mind up, what does that say about the wider group of partners if they are influenced by conjecture.

Culture in a club isn’t about been all warm and fuzzy, it’s about people been able to create standards on and off the field that make people better rugby players, not necessarily better people but better rugby players. Just have to look at some of the greatest athletes of all time, some of them are horrid people in person but they are almost psychotic in the way they demand onfield performance. You can be someone that drives incredibly high standards during every minute of contact time during the week but also a douche off the field, history is filled with these guys, infact they are incredibly common in the sports world.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
The only question that should be asked of the Beale signing is

- does he improve the playing squad?
- does he make players better around him on the field?
- does he drive professional standards directly related to rugby?

maybe answering these the answer is no. That’s perfectly reasonable. I think it’s a strange signing and doesn’t add a lot.

No club should be making decisions based on wives and girlfriends. And without meeting the guy and making their own mind up, what does that say about the wider group of partners if they are influenced by conjecture.

Culture in a club isn’t about been all warm and fuzzy, it’s about people been able to create standards on and off the field that make people better rugby players, not necessarily better people but better rugby players. Just have to look at some of the greatest athletes of all time, some of them are horrid people in person but they are almost psychotic in the way they demand onfield performance. You can be someone that drives incredibly high standards during every minute of contact time during the week but also a douche off the field, history is filled with these guys, infact they are incredibly common in the sports world.
It's all yes

Marce

John Thornett (49)
England centre Guy Porter set for Super switch: Porter has scored 15 tries in 69 appearances for the Tigers and can play in either of the centre positions and can operate on both wings has been in advanced talks with Western Force.

Porter looks like he is set to fill the boots of Sam Spink at the Force. It was confirmed this week that Spink will sign for Saracens, a move first reported by RugbyPass earlier this year.

A move to the Perth-based franchise would end Porter’s England career, which began in Australia in July 2022, just weeks after helping the Tigers win their 11th English title with a last-gasp win over Saracens.

Is he coming?

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
Squad shaping up nicely next year with the new signings.

The key will be whether we can get our first choice tight five on the field each week unlike this year.

Will be interesting if they take a gamble on Rodda for an extension or not

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Kuenzle is the one I'd look at, but I don't really rate what I've seen from Poolman.

I imagine there will be a lot interest in Daugunu and Ripley now, depending on what happens with the rebels. Further afield Guy Porter has been looking to come back to Australia, I imagine the Force will be chasing him alongside the tahs.
Called it.

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
Yeh that's the angle I find interesting.

We always hear from the posters here about how much of community the Force are building in WA through rugby.

But they signed a bloke who's admitted to cheating on his pregnant wife in the toilet of a pub? The optics seem really off to me.
If having an extramarital affair was a deal breaker, I'd imagine half of all Super Rugby players would be out of a job