• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2024

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Donaldson and potentially Harris to the force. Great to see the depth of this force squad building but definitely a blow to Pasitoa’s development
Pasitoa, injury or otherwise, has not delivered and it's a professional game. This is a great move. Further bleak news for Captain Wells with Harris coming across, getting a bit of a glut in the backrow, assuming a couple will move on. Speaking of, where is Naisarani for the final game?

WFDS

Herbert Moran (7)
Pasitoa, injury or otherwise, has not delivered and it's a professional game. This is a great move. Further bleak news for Captain Wells with Harris coming across, getting a bit of a glut in the backrow, assuming a couple will move on. Speaking of, where is Naisarani for the final game?
Happy to see Wells move on.

Rodda for skipper if he can stay fit. Would hopefully entice him to resign

Boof1050

Bill Watson (15)
Mate Pasitoa got given 1 season with Prior as his half most of the games and then got injured needing a knee reconstruction. We’ve certainly got better than Harris in our squad they just can’t get a start behind Wells unfortunately.

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
Mate Pasitoa got given 1 season with Prior as his half most of the games and then got injured needing a knee reconstruction. We’ve certainly got better than Harris in our squad they just can’t get a start behind Wells unfortunately.
Yeah, I still think Pasitoa, with Fines and White partnering him, should get a decent crack. His opportunities so far have been limited.

But he is still unproven so Donaldson coming across is not a bad thing either. It creates competition for a starting spot. And its a long season so hopefully both will get a good run.

Backrow is getting pretty full now (pinched from TWF)
Kane Koteka 2025
Carlo Tizzano 2025
Tim Anstee 2024
Ollie Callan 2024
Jackson Pugh 2024
Michael Wells 2024
Will Harris ????
Ned Slack-Smith ????
Isi Naisarani ????

The areas that worry me are outside backs and hookers. Kaitu'u is signed but he has dropped away from where he was a few seasons ago. We dont really have a second hooker yet although Horton is here as injury cover. In the backs priority is to get Kiribidge and Mataele resigned. That is some serious strike power out wide with them. And I wouldnt mind seeing Jake Strachan resigned.
I also want to see Marley Pearce and Siosife Amone given contracts. Both have looked pretty good so far as young props. But we definitely need an experienced tighthead - what is Ollie Hoskins doing now LI have wound up? Time to bring him home! And resign Medrano, he seems to like it in Perth.

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
Good signings from the Force.

I personally prefer Pasitoa than Donaldson in the talent stakes.

The back row options are good but a lot of them, so suspect a few might leave. There has been rumors around Anstee looking at the 7s. Also wouldn’t surprise me to see Koteka, Wells or Vosayaco in Japan or France

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Quite a few names in the backrow. Few under contract but might be happy to move on - agree with Wallaby man.

With London Irish struggling - you'd think Hoskins would be a target. Also Ainsley from Highlanders would be a solid.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Finally Force is recruiting young Aussie talent. This is the pathway
Finally? What a totally disingenuous comment.
This IS NOT something that the WF has JUST started doing.

During and at the end of the 2022 Super Rugby season the the following players left the WF: Greg Holmes, Andrew Ready, Jeremy Thrush, Sitaleki Timani, Fergus Lee-Warner, Brynard Stannard, Michael McDonald, Jake McIntyre, Kyle Godwin, Richard Kahui, Brad Lacey, Byron Ralston, Jack McGregor.
Only 3 of these players were not Australians.

The named 2023 squad of 43 (including injury covers) include 11 sourced from OS: (Kalipu, Norris, Tiatia, Mataele x 2, Spink, Medrano, Rebolo, Kibirige, Simpson, Foliaki).
That means that there are 32 Australian players in the squad.
The squad is one of the youngest in Super Rugby with an average age of 24.5 years.

For 2023, the WF brought back the following Aust players from OS: Hegarty, Stewart, Horton, Tizzano and Naisarani.

The 2023 WF Academy has 21 members: 13 recruited from WA Club Rugby and 8 from Australia's East Coast.
Is that the largest Academy squad in Australia?

By my count that amounts to 53 Australian players out of a total of 64 players. 35 of those Australian players are under 24yo.

I reckon that the WF has the balance about right and is taking a longer-term view while still trying to maintain enough experienced players to be competitive and having an influence on the younger players.

Last edited:

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
Potential 2014 Force XV

1 - Angus Wagner
2 - Tom Horton
3 - Marley Pearce
4 - Jeremy Williams
5 - Izack Rodda
6 - Will Harris
7 - Carlo Tizzano
8 - Isi Nissarani
9 - Nic White
10 - Ben Donaldson
11 - Manasa Mataele
12 - Hamish Stewart
13 - Sam Spink
14 - Zac Kibirige
15 - Chase Tiatia

Agent

Bill Watson (15)
Potential 2014 Force XV

1 - Angus Wagner
2 - Tom Horton
3 - Marley Pearce
4 - Jeremy Williams
5 - Izack Rodda
6 - Will Harris
7 - Carlo Tizzano
8 - Isi Nissarani
9 - Nic White
10 - Ben Donaldson
11 - Manasa Mataele
12 - Hamish Stewart
13 - Sam Spink
14 - Zac Kibirige
15 - Chase Tiatia

I used to fly into WA a good deal for work and we often joked WA was 2 hours and 20 years behind the eastern states. Your prediction of a 'Potenital 2014 Force XV' suggests we were half right!! :) :)

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
Potential 2014 Force XV

1 - Angus Wagner
2 - Tom Horton
3 - Marley Pearce
4 - Jeremy Williams
5 - Izack Rodda
6 - Will Harris
7 - Carlo Tizzano
8 - Isi Nissarani
9 - Nic White
10 - Ben Donaldson
11 - Manasa Mataele
12 - Hamish Stewart
13 - Sam Spink
14 - Zac Kibirige
15 - Chase Tiatia

We won't win a single game if that is the front row. I am sure Cron is trying hard to land some front row replacements. Hoskins, Sio, Ainsley, Pone etc

NCT

Herbert Moran (7)
Not sure Donaldson is the best guy for the Force, pretty underwhelming. I wonder how Stewart views this, since apparently playing 10 was one of the drivers for his move West. Playing with White might change things.

Misunderstood fan

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Yeah Burey and Pasitoa fighting it out, and then let’s not forget Strachan can play 10 too.
I think Pasitoa will find his way to the starting 10. If Hamish wasn’t there, Pasitoa would be ideal at 12 outside of Donaldson. Pre-season is going to be competitive. Strachan will be on the move I think.

Tazzmania

Charlie Fox (21)
Tom Horton and Charlie Hancock signed for 2024/2025

FyFeDVNWwAE83Am.jpg

brokendown

Vay Wilson (31)
I think Pasitoa will find his way to the starting 10. If Hamish wasn’t there, Pasitoa would be ideal at 12 outside of Donaldson. Pre-season is going to be competitive. Strachan will be on the move I think.
yep,suprised Strachan wasn't given many opportunities this season