• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2024

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Doesn’t take long for fans of players ex club to show their appreciation for 12 years and over 100 games service, possibly why they only get 5-8000 to a game
To be fair to Slim, Nic White went from ‘Australia’s best half’ to ‘past it’ in the eyes of many Brumbies fans last May. :)

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Naiyaravoro would be a good shout - the team in skinny on wings, and everyone knows, fit or not, that guy can score a try in the last 20 minutes every week.
If you can get him the ball early so he can wind up he’s almost unstoppable, but comes at a cost when teams make the cargo ship have to turn and chase.

Yoda

Watty Friend (18)
To be fair to Slim, Nic White went from ‘Australia’s best half’ to ‘past it’ in the eyes of many Brumbies fans last May. :)
Interesting to see how Ryan Lonergan plays at the Brumbies and White at the Force this year…

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Doesn’t take long for fans of players ex club to show their appreciation for 12 years and over 100 games service, possibly why they only get 5-8000 to a game

The attendance shrinks every time a player moves on?

I have to say, that correlation…

I’m skeptical.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
The Naiyavoro signing is interesting - he’s always been a poor mans Nems Nadolo (albeit 3 years younger).

Did the Tahs get much value from Nem’s last season? I was critical of that signing but kept getting told how good he would be for culture. Maybe it’s a similar thought here…

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Shame the bloke actually did manage to get shit in the space of a single off season.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
The Naiyavoro signing is interesting - he’s always been a poor mans Nems Nadolo (albeit 3 years younger).

Did the Tahs get much value from Nem’s last season? I was critical of that signing but kept getting told how good he would be for culture. Maybe it’s a similar thought here…
On the field, No. No idea about off it but I'm sure he would be good for a lot of the young guys. To his credit he played every game for Western Sydney Two Blues when available.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)

He's played to similar effect in the Premiership and was pretty useful for the Saints then did his knee and missed an entire season in '22. Not sure how he's gone over in Japan, we'll see I guess.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Shame the bloke actually did manage to get shit in the space of a single off season.
I don’t think that’s true.

Nic White really didn’t change that much - although he was in superb form for the Brumbies in 2022 so, in that sense, he probably only had one way to go. The fundamentals of White’s game are still pretty much the same and his instinct to kick first (which from recollection was the biggest criticism) has always been a big feature of his game.

Like most players I don’t think he was ever the world beater he was made out to be when he was going well and nor is he the dog shit player some made him out to be last year.

Just for clarity too - that was more at test level. My comment about Brumbies fans was largely tongue in cheek and, to the extent it was true, it was more that fans seemed happy to embrace that Lonergan had surpassed White and the Brumbies were backing the right horse (which is quite possibly true to be fair).

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Any of the locals getting updates on what’s happening with the Force Facebook page? It’s ridiculous it’s still hacked.