• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force v Chiefs - HBF - 8PM WST, 3 June 2023

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
About as good a team as can be put on the field for this one.

Attachments

• WF v Chiefs.jpg
    WF v Chiefs.jpg
    284.6 KB · Views: 73

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Gallagher Chiefs team to face the Western Force:
1 Ollie Norris (41)
2 Tyrone Thompson (12)
3 John Ryan (13)
4 Laghlan McWhannell (6)
5 Tupou Vaa'i (41)
6 Naitoa Ah Kuoi (45)
7 Simon Parker (7)
8 Samipeni Finau (28)
9 Te Toiroa Tahuriorangi (49)
10 Rameka Poihipi (26)
11 Etene Nanai-Seturo (40)
12 Anton Lienert-Brown (102, Captain)
13 Alex Nankivell (67)
14 Liam Coombes-Fabling (9)
15 Shaun Stevenson (80)

Reserves
16 Bradley Slater (47)
17 Jared Proffit (3)
18 Atunaisa Moli (54)
19 Manaaki Selby-Rickit (25)
20 Pita Gus Sowakula (65)
21 Cortez Ratima (22)
22 Rivez Reihana (8)
23 Lalomilo Lalomilo (1)

Intereting to see Pohipi at 10, I never knew he had ever played there, seems he did at school etc, and guessing they not wanting to risk Ioane.

rugbyAU

Trevor Allan (34)
Gallagher Chiefs team to face the Western Force:
1 Ollie Norris (41)
2 Tyrone Thompson (12)
3 John Ryan (13)
4 Laghlan McWhannell (6)
5 Tupou Vaa'i (41)
6 Naitoa Ah Kuoi (45)
7 Simon Parker (7)
8 Samipeni Finau (28)
9 Te Toiroa Tahuriorangi (49)
10 Rameka Poihipi (26)
11 Etene Nanai-Seturo (40)
12 Anton Lienert-Brown (102, Captain)
13 Alex Nankivell (67)
14 Liam Coombes-Fabling (9)
15 Shaun Stevenson (80)

Reserves
16 Bradley Slater (47)
17 Jared Proffit (3)
18 Atunaisa Moli (54)
19 Manaaki Selby-Rickit (25)
20 Pita Gus Sowakula (65)
21 Cortez Ratima (22)
22 Rivez Reihana (8)
23 Lalomilo Lalomilo (1)

Intereting to see Pohipi at 10, I never knew he had ever played there, seems he did at school etc, and guessing they not wanting to risk Ioane.
How many players have they rested?

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
Not a hell of a lot, about 5 topliners off top off my head, DMac.Weber, Jacobson,Cane and Retallick
Taukei’aho, Aidan Ross

Don’t mind been called a whinge but the Force have had a serious leg up every time an opposition have travelled West by not bothering to bring their best players. Reds, Brums, Tahs and Rebels could of had several more wins at home this season if teams treated them similar. Something the commission needs to seriously look at is an injury register, where if a player isn’t placed on it then the best possible squad needs to be listed. Otherwise teams fined just like they do in American sports.

On saying all this, I will be cheering Force on as I want 3 Aus teams in the finals, as it’s good for Aus rugby

WFDS

Herbert Moran (7)
Not really. Only maybe the Brumbies (still had more Wallabies in the 23 than the Force) and to a lesser extent the Highlanders game.

Maybe it balances up all the travel the Force have endured?

Boof1050

Bill Watson (15)
Taukei’aho, Aidan Ross

Don’t mind been called a whinge but the Force have had a serious leg up every time an opposition have travelled West by not bothering to bring their best players. Reds, Brums, Tahs and Rebels could of had several more wins at home this season if teams treated them similar. Something the commission needs to seriously look at is an injury register, where if a player isn’t placed on it then the best possible squad needs to be listed. Otherwise teams fined just like they do in American sports.

On saying all this, I will be cheering Force on as I want 3 Aus teams in the finals, as it’s good for Aus rugby
Mate we’ve played the Rebels, Moana, Drua, Highlanders and Brumbies at home! Landers had 2 maybe 3 missing, 1 All Black 9 because his father passed away, and well who knows what the brumbies were thinking, and the other teams turned up with full playing stocks.

Last edited:

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Taukei’aho, Aidan Ross

Yep sorry WM, I just thought of Taukei'aho as I was having a talk to my mate in Aus. Funnily enough the Chiefs have taken all players to Perth, MacMillan wanted to use it as a tour, for team for team bonding etc. Obviously not about touring there, bit the fact Chiefs have very little riding on result, Chiefs got top place sorted, and just maybe a team is entitled to do this with their results? Funnily enough if Force sneak into 8th, both teams can share a plane going back as they will play each other next week.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Only trouble is Wallaby man, following that reasononing who decides the best players? And so you suggesting if no injuries the ones a team could go through season using only 23 players, and then find they get injuries in finals. I know you perhaps feel it giving Force a leg up, but you can't have anyone but the coaches etc naming teams, or you are the accused of bias and or fiddling with results.

As something else, seems the Chiefs that not needed for Force game heading home today after captain's run . Which make sense to me.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Chiefs already finding a lot of seams in this defence. Things wont go well for the Force if they don't tighten up.