• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force v Waratahs: Saturday 16th April

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Ross (28)
Because of injuries and the fact that Roberts is a past it International that played over 90 tests for Wales plus a few Lions games? I liked the Smith brothers at their prime but they were hardly International s and Ruan's start against t he Reds was pedestrian.. Holz has a way to go, but I don't think he's been letting the side down
I think Holz has been ok. Lots to work on but given that Smith has not been amazing I’m happy for him to get game time and build into being a longer term prospect. Take the hurt now for the payoff later over the slight advantage Smith might offer.

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
Look I don't agree with them bringing a old bull out of retirement for a game but I do understand if they don't think the next cab off the rank is ready. This reply on Facebook tells me that they are concerned about the 5th(?) in line being ready for super rugby scrums. In the unlikely event that one hooker goes down he benches and likely gets no mins or a small number of mins. I think they see it as a duty of care.

If we were talking about a winger or flanker then he wouldn't be needed.

View attachment 13298
Yup wrong thread. 100 beers will do that to you

Reactions: TSR

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Holtz is a huge body, 128kg according to the stats, and only 22 so very young for a prop. Yes, he has a way to go, but I haven't seen anyone dominate him in a scrum yet, and if DC can develop him he could be a wonderful asset for the Tahs. Must admit I always have a soft spot for a country kid, and Holtz comes from Lightning Ridge, which is about as country as it gets!
Ruan Smith is a strong scrummager, but is really offering nothing around the paddock

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
5 Hugh Sinclair (Northern Suburbs/ Lindfield/ S.H.O.R.E)

Gordon Bray certainly wouldn't make the mistake thinking that SHORE was an acronym. The acronym is SCEGS!

Gordon Bray went to Homebush Boys High School. I wonder whether he is, or ever was, interested in the nomenclature of toffs' schools, like whateveritsnameis?

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
Gordon Bray went to Homebush Boys High School. I wonder whether he is, or ever was, interested in the nomenclature of toffs' schools, like whateveritsnameis?
Australian rugby has lost a lot of potential rugby players because of their obsession with only providing pathways to the elite school players... so shortsighted.... to be expected because the joint is run by old private school boys.... Bill Pulver!! One of the greatest duds ever..

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Roberts wouldn't even crack 1st grade with his current form. He came on against the Drua, did 2 goal line carries and dropped it twice. He's useless.

Alex Ross (28)
More off the list for Force.
Feleti Kaitu'u, Bayley Kuenzle, Jeremy Thrush and Toni Pulu all out.

Status
Not open for further replies.