• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Sydney Rams . NRC Official Team Thread

T

TOCC

This competition. is never going to reach its potential as long as the Sydney rugby scene doesn't fully support it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
its fair to say they have no commercial stake in the entity and if they weren't operating on the level with everyone or has a bad reputation you could recognise their want to not be formally involved

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Eastwood are sulking because when they offered their commercial stake, it came with conditions i.e. play at TGM and we keep the bar profits.

So they're first in line to eat a steaming horde of cock.

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
Space really
I am assuming they want the option for an OB set up some kids activities extra parking extra food an beer stalls etc
I don't think capacity would be a problem but space is limited there

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
Yeah but potential problems at Forshaw may be being ignored to give something back to the area
Just meaning no games at a ground doesn't mean a club is anti something

T

TOCC

Ah one club is the whole Sydney rugby scene?

Your right, I should have said the whole NSW rugby scene... NSWRU and Waratahs comparatively did little to contribute to the NRC in the inaugural season..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Eastwood are sulking because when they offered their commercial stake, it came with conditions i.e. play at TGM and we keep the bar profits.

Eastwood Rugby does not own the bar, AFAIK, their financial saviours, the North Ryde RSL Club does.

Given that the RSL bailed them out to the tune of a mill or so, that would be kind of understandable.

Another factor might be that the cost of owning and maintaining TGM is not trivial, so why on earth should those responsible for the costs not want to recover as much revenue as they can?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
My point stands. They don't want to share, so they get nothing. If they want to buy in later, they'll do it at a premium.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Another factor might be that the cost of owning and maintaining TGM is not trivial, so why on earth should those responsible for the costs not want to recover as much revenue as they can?
Easy fixed,don't demand they play games there (if it's true Woodies demanded that as part of their inclusion)

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo

As annoying as Eastwood are, let's not believe the sugar coating the owners of this team put on everything.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Simultaneously, your opinions of the Rams are coloured by your interactions with them.

And I have not discussed these matters with any of the Rams owners - this was a conclusion I drew before NRC even kicked off, when Pappy fronted the media

Rob

Sydney Middleton (9)
Pfitzy - Eastwood never made a commercial offer to be part of the RAMS as they don't have any money. They operate at half the budget of teams like Manly and last year ran at a $20k loss. They don't get gate takings or bar taking so would not get anything if games are played at TG.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Pfitzy - Eastwood never made a commercial offer to be part of the RAMS as they don't have any money. They operate at half the budget of teams like Manly and last year ran at a $20k loss. They don't get gate takings or bar taking so would not get anything if games are played at TG.

Facts, facts, facts.

Good to see a bit of truth for a change.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
It is my understanding that TG Milner was bequeathed to some entity provided it remained used solely (or primarily) for rugby. If that entity is not the Eastwood Rugby Club and its heirs and successors, then who is it?

If it is not Eastwood rugby club then it would be something like a Community Trust Board or something with Eastwood Rugby Club delegates having a majority vote.

I can understand that the RSL gets all the $ for food and beverage sales at the venue, but the gate takings would surely go straight to the Woodies for the Shute Shield games, or are you suggesting that the gate takings for a Rams Game wouldn't go to the woodies,and the RSL would take all the F&B sales?

Rob

Sydney Middleton (9)
It is the VRG (which has Eastwood Rugby people plus others on it) that own the ground and many moons ago when the rugby club was in dire straits they entered into a lease with North Ryde RSL. North Ryde RSL get the food and beverage and gate takings whether its shute shield or RAMS.

Woods revenue comes from sponsors, merchandise and an annual but modest grant from North Ryde RSL .

This is the core of their problems - performance on the field and increased spectators at games does not translate into income, unless it indirectly attracts more sponsors.