• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

What to do with JOC (James O'Connor)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rigs23

Allen Oxlade (6)
Two dads was awesome tonight. Even though it was his best game in 12 months, a period where he as been well below his best, should JOC (James O'Connor) be worried about retaining his wing spot?. I believe AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) played better than Bieber has all TriNations but i cannot possibly see how you could leave either of them out. There is always the untried option of JOC (James O'Connor) in inside centre but i believe that would be unfair to McCabe. Maybe Im exaggerating AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)'s feats tonight or being over confident in him carrying that game form into the world cup, but surely there will be a little debate now about JOC (James O'Connor)'s place in the starting team, especially with his goal kicking lacking lately.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I think beale was the weakest back tonight despite a few good moments. Maybe JOC (James O'Connor) will get a shot at 15?

F

Fredfreduels

I think that JOC (James O'Connor) will start on the wing. As much as I don't agree with it, it will happen. He is our goalkicker and has been consistently good for the wallabies. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) back to 13, JOC (James O'Connor) on the wing, A finger to the bench (although he should start at 13 with AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) on the wing).

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I think JOC (James O'Connor) will be fighting has way back from the bench.

I don't think anyone will be dropped from the starting XV for our first game against Italy.

I think Slipper, Taf, Sharpe and maybe Barnes might come onto the bench, but apart from that it will be the team from tonight.

T

TOCC

Yup. Him and Richie really seem to have something going on! Hmmm.

if by that you mean Richie is sick of Quade beating him the i reckon your on the money.. in the last 4 matchups between these two, Quade has won 3.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Well if Cooper gets cited for the knee to a player lying on the ground, you may well have to.

Can a suspension be served for the QLD v Canada game? Does he have to miss a test or can he miss a club game?

I thought Pocock kicked Richie in the head in the first half too

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
So JOC (James O'Connor) wasn't at the team hotel on the morning of the team photo. The only logical answer to that is that he picked up.

I hope she was worth it because after the 3N win tonight and players coming back from injury, he could struggle to regain his place. When you consider that his goal kicking form was poor and his general play wasn't fantastic, he's not doing much to sell Brand O'Connor.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
if by that you mean Richie is sick of Quade beating him the i reckon your on the money.. in the last 4 matchups between these two, Quade has won 3.

That's true. I dunno - it'd be giving to QC (Quade Cooper) much credit to call it gamesmanship. It's a bit shitty to watch, TBH.

I sometimes think McCaw's best games are behind him now, though. Still a great player but the injuries exact a price.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
You guys are on crack. A Fainga'a straight to the bench, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) to 13 and JOC (James O'Connor) back to the wing.

Robbie is more loyal than a faithful retreiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.