• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

What's up with Dan Carter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I was at the final on Saturday. Dan Carter never got above half pace! Is he carrying an injury?

kambah mick

Chris McKivat (8)
Yeah, I noticed that and mentioned it on another thread. It was most noticeable when Samo scored his try. He ran past Carter who turned and jogged after Samo, losing ground all the way, and was passed by Alexander who had given him a bit of start.
I thought he might have some kind of injury, but his kicking action seemed to be OK.

alex5545

Bob McCowan (2)
Either is carrying injury and hiding it or was taking it easy before the World Cup so he doesn't get injured.

kambah mick

Chris McKivat (8)
Underplaying his hand in attack is probably right, but surely not in defence. Have a look at the Samo try, his effort made that of Cooper v Nonu look heroic! I think there has to be something wrong.

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
Dan

Maybe it's the apprehension....he's getting nervous..

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 188

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
I think cooper has been underplaying his hand in defence as well for a couple of seasons now so as to lull the opposition into false sense of security.

Z

Zeno

I'm sure he got a hell of a surprise when he was sacked on his first kick. Maybe he was shellshocked for the rest of the game.

If you have the Eden Park test on tape/HD, have a look at his first kick: three Wallabies approach at a jog and keep a respectful distance of 2–3 metres. They put no pressure on him, and that's what he's used to. But it looks like the chargers were given instructions to have a serious go at reaching him in Brisbane.

Jethro Tah

Bob Loudon (25)
I just think he got Samoed too many times.

Mind you, he looked quite sharp in setting up the Smith try taking on Genia and Ant and still getting the off load away.

Searsy

Herbert Moran (7)
He didn't cheat enough. I hope Graham and co put a word in his ear about getting offside more often and some cheap shots in so he's inline with the rest of us fucking awful people from NZ.

Don't forget kicking puppies, eating kittens and slapping old age pensioners. I know what goes on over there!

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Might have picked up a knock early on, definitely wrapped in a bit of cotton wool, he normally takes the ball to the line a lot more than that. Eden Park was the best game he's played in years, so it's not like he's horribly out of form. Slight injury or coaching directive I'd say.

Status
Not open for further replies.