• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Which Clubs are the Class of 2013 going to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Saw young Kellaway in the Waratah's player's box, sitting happily at the back in shirt and tie, a few weeks ago. We suspected something was afoot, but thought it could also have been just a nice freebie of some kind. Great to hear this.

He was called in when all the Tahs wingers were going down.

He was certainly the best Oz Schools player last year that I saw, and he plays "old".

He has a lot to learn as anybody would at his age but he has the rugby smarts of a mature player and will get to be a pro player before most of his contemporaries because of that.

Being as tough as nails and difficult to get to the ground will do him no harm either.

But the best schools player since Beale?

He may well be.

Jeff Sails

Frank Row (1)
Hugh, one of my snouts tells me Ed Craig played all pre-season games at hooker for Eastwood colts 1st grade, and was selected and listed there for round 1, but they forgot he was 17 and didn't get the dispensation forms for playing in the front row into head office in time. So, he had to stand down on Saturday morning and played his second position #6 off the bench for 2s and then 1s. Following an injury at training, he's out for 2 weeks, but should end up back there in a week or two. (I also hear front row dispensation has now come through).
Hooker for Randwick 2nds Colts is only 16 & not a FOB!
Good to see some youth at the Wicks.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
^^^^^^
Talking about the Wicks: I see that Andrew Deegan started at fullback for them in First Grade last week.

He played for the Joeys Ones for three years, for Oz Schools in 2013 and for the NSW U20s this year, but missed the final cut for Aus U20s. This was always on the cards once they decided to use Horwitz as a flyhalf.

He played a mature game for the Wicks and often appeared as first receiver at the ruck. He kicked all six of his goals, not all easy ones either. This has been a problem for Randwick; so we may see a bit more of him before the season is over.

Watch out for him in the Oz U20s next year.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Corey Tulloch, NSW I Bench 2013, Kings 1st XV, kicked 5 conversions and 2 penalties for Norths 1st Grade against the Hobbits on the weekend.

This makes the following from the Class of 2013 that have played Shute Shield this year:
Corey TULLOCH, Northern Suburbs
Andrew KELLAWAY, Randwick
Ned Hanigan, Randwick
Andrew DEEGAN, Randwick
Matthew SANDELL, Sydney University
Harry JONES, Warringah

Have I missed any?

rugboy

Bob Loudon (25)
Should also be noted that for those that haven't seen the media that Tepai Moeroa made his NRL debut a fortnight ago for Parramatta.

Status
Not open for further replies.