• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Who are the bickering Tahs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Who is abusing whom?

Greg Growden Vs The crack pipe?

Or alternatively

Mainstream rugby journalism Vs Rugby fans good natured patience.

This shit must go on behind scenes all the time. Rugby journalism shouldn't reduce the game to tabloid like gossip.

Gooch

Fred Wood (13)
Growden is an absolute waste of time. However, after saying that, I love this part of the article:
MAD AS A BADGER

There were raised eyebrows a few days ago when Force utility back Nick Cummins explained how he wanted to be like the fearless African honey badger. After being impressed by the beast's brave antics in a wildlife documentary, Cummins said he was ''trying to think like a honey badger when I'm out there in defence''. An R&M investigation has discovered that Cummins was not pulling the journo's leg, but was deadly serious. Force teammates say Cummins is continually telling them about the virtues of the honey badger. Even Wallabies were fascinated in Bloemfontein last year when Cummins sang a song that referred to the honey badger.

Whats going on with that Cummins?

honey-badger-ratel-2.jpg

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
ive actually walked past the medis box before and seen growden playing solitaire, so im still not sure how the hell he knows so much.

Elfster

Dave Cowper (27)
Greg Growden is morphing into an illiterate dumbed-down version of Danny Weidler with neither his style nor "reserve". His style of rugby writing is muck-racking, snide superficiality trying to hide his disdain and ignorance of the game whilst playing up to the leprous cabal of the self-opinionated, self-important and self-indulgent rabble that masquerade as journalists at the SMH. I would gain more insight into the game reading the bowel movements of an excessively over-fed sumo wrestler with cholera than his piffle.

B

Bradley

The honey badger thing is a gee-up by Cummins and other players. It started in Delhi with the Commonwealth Games 7's team. The players are laughing at how the media have jumped on.

As for the bickering Tahs; I think Growden has read too much into a "truth" session held by the players after the loss last weekend. Obviously things are said that players will not like but that is what these sessions are for and a few home truths may have dented a few egos - but that doesn't mean they are bickering - given the circumstances of the forum they were in.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Greg Growden is morphing into an illiterate dumbed-down version of Danny Weidler with neither his style nor "reserve". His style of rugby writing is muck-racking, snide superficiality trying to hide his disdain and ignorance of the game whilst playing up to the leprous cabal of the self-opinionated, self-important and self-indulgent rabble that masquerade as journalists at the SMH. I would gain more insight into the game reading the bowel movements of an excessively over-fed sumo wrestler with cholera than his piffle.

Please send this to the SMH letter's to the editor.

Novocastrian

Herbert Moran (7)
I think it is about time we boycott reading his articles.

Welcome to 3 years ago! If I see Jabba the Hut's name at the top of the page on a smh.com.au story the back button is pressed straight away. If I wanted to read trashy gossip from unnamed sources I'd grab the missus' magazines. What I don't get is the praise he gets from Spiro - who can actually write a decent article about a rugby match - his articles on The Roar regularly seem to reference 'insightful stories' or 'excellent analysis' by GG. Though given Spiro seems to be doing the bullshit muckraking more and more these days it's probably not surprising he admires the masters work.

Status
Not open for further replies.