• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Who do you want to see start at 13 against the Yanks?

Who's your Outside Centre?

• Two-Dads

Votes: 15 30.6%
  • Rob Horne

Votes: 27 55.1%
  • A Finger

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Pat McCabe

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
The choices are, in alphabetical order, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Fainga'a and Horne. As time goes on Ant's looking increasingly uncomfortable at 13 (his defence's OK but his attack's not up to scratch); I'd start AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) against the Septics and Horne against the Russians. Depending where Barnes plays in these two matches (he'll probably spend quite a bit of them at 10) I'd put McCabe next to AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) for a good part of one match, with specific instructions to Pat to improve his body height and ball retention going into contact, and Barnes next to Horne for the other.

In fairness to Fainga'a, if Quade gets any time at 10 in these two matches Ant should play next to him at 12.

Deans should impress upon all players for these two matches their lives depend on a monumental performance from everyone. And the assistant coaches should earn their pay by concentrating on technique and teamwork.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Wouldn't mind seeing Optimus Prime start at 13, I think he lacks the speed off the mark we need though.

W

What2040

Would like to start Barnes, Higgers, Sharpie, Simmons, Slipper, and Mitchell. saaia Finger on bench. TPN and Rocky in grandstand

W

Waylon

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) at 13

I would love to see Fainga'a at 12 outside Cooper

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
McCabe at 13 for me with Ant at 12. It baffles me that we all know how good he foils Cooper but he is yet to start a test at 12. I like the thought of exploiting combination by having a Qude, Ant combo inside with a McCabe, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) combo outside them. The two remaining players which should be Drew and Beale also have a history of combination working for them.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
If we want to play with width and give the wings the ball then Horne. He is the most attacking, the most likely to pass and a great defender if made of glass

If we want a defender & crash baller who won't pass, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), McCabe

If we want a defender/counter rucker, Faaingaa

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
id like to see AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) start with horne coming off the bench as soon as the game is won
i want to see our strongest team start both usa and russia the bring in the changes asap
the first 20 mins of each game is the closest the lads are gunna get to what they will face v south africa and nz and i like the idea of continuity
in saying that i think its important for them to get some confidence up by scoring some tries>
a hard fought win over minnows usa and russia like some are suggesting will do nothing for the confidence> how are they supposta beat sa and nz if they can barely scrape through minnows?

Swarley

Bob Loudon (25)
Horne has to play #13. O'Connor and Ioane are both ruled out and Ant Fainga'a was too sick to fly out of Auckland after the Ireland game. We don't have a lot of choice.

9. Burgess- Rest Genia, test his combination with Quade, give him some game time
10. Cooper
11. Mitchell
12. Barnes
13. Horne
14. Ashley-Cooper
15. Beale
-------------------------------
21. Phipps
22. McCabe

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Juggernaut might be another option...

Distribution problems. What's the point of having Flash Gordon on the wing if he never gets the ball?

SBW uses his long arms to slip through tackler's grasp and get offloads away; maybe Mr Fantastic could run well?

Richo

John Thornett (49)
12. Horne, 13. A. Finger (TBC).

Yep, that's right, the position swaps continue. Might not be a disaster though, if Horne sees the ball a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.