• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Who would you bring into the Wallabies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
If you could pick any two players to bring into the Wallabies who would you pick and why. Go off form over the last couple of years. Can't remember who it was in the Wobs thread that gave me the idea.

Conrad Smith - can do it all and a solid no BS player that can lead the young bucks in our backline around. We are really lacking someone with his leadership at test level. What he did with the young Hurricanes backline was brilliant. If only Morty was a few years younger. Jamie Roberts could also fit the role and a far more rounded option for 12 than currently available.

Read - been a long time since there's been a real good quality 8 about. Kefu maybe the last? Nearly went with Kaino on his form last year but 8 is prob a bigger weakness.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
Any two of Bismarck du Plessis, Jannis du Plessis, Jaques Fourie, Tendai Mtawariwa, Eben Etzebet, Juandre Kruger.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Sergio Parisse (or someone like Gorgodze, Harinordoquy).
Conrad Smith would fix most of our backline selection issues.
Martin Castrogiovanni as a tighthead.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Conrad Smith without question, we lack a really smart incisive outside centre. Keiren Read, because of our aforementioned lack of a quality eight for some time now. A quality tight head prop would be handy too. Castro or one of the Franks boys I think. I genuinely think that most other positions are adequately covered.

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
carlos spencer- because one quade cooper just isnt enough :p

the caveman- because whenever polota-nau is injured (which is often) we seem to lack the neccesary facial hair to strike fear into our opponents

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Justin Hodges and David Taylor.. I would like to see then in Rugby Union. Im not a fan of NRL but these 2 bloke I enjoy to watch from time to time.

And Tom Carter:rolleyes:

Good question though. Need more thought

Status
Not open for further replies.