• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Who's going to the World Cup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

S120

Chris McKivat (8)
Originally wasn't going. Had got a bunch of mates to pool some money and send 2 of our mates over for their 21st present for Australia vs Ireland (flights, accom, tickets paid for) but now my best mate and I are now going as well (parents making it my 21st present too...boom!). So will be the 4 of us over in Auckland for that game over the weekend. Can't wait.

Anyone else going for any games? Which ones? How long you over there for?

B

Braveheart.

I'll be there for Au vs Ireland & Au vs Italy

BRING IT ON!

rugbyskier

Ted Thorn (20)
I finish working weekends at Thredbo on 11 September and I'm flying over to Auckland on 17 September for the Ireland game. I'm staying on for a week, visiting friends in Hamilton and Wellington and then catching the USA game in Wellington on 23 September. I'll then be back across to Wellington for the two quarter finals on 8-9 October.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I am flying out on Friday 30 September and watching Samoa v SA at North Harbour that night, England v Scotland at Eden Park on the Saturday then driving to Hamilton for Fiji v Wales on the Sunday and I think I fly back on the Tuesday. Would have liked to catch a Wallaby game but it was cheaper for me to watch 3 other games than 1 Wallaby game so I went for the most games.

S120

Chris McKivat (8)
I think you've done quite well there, Jets. Would have been good to see the Wallabies but you've picked out 3 good ones there. Samoa-Boks will in all likelihood be a thumping but who knows, could get a renewal of a game like Samoa v England in '03. And anyway you get to see the Boks play. That's worth the money.

And then the other 2 should be great to be at. Scotland vs England will have a great atmosphere and any time you see Fiji play it will be fun. Hopefully Wales decide to turn up to the party too. Who knows with them.

Accommodation prices are skyrocketing atm. Not to mention airfares.

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
Staff member
I am going, got plenty on. Opening match NZ v Tonga in Auckland, Argentina v England in Dunedin, Australia v Italy at Nth Harbour, Scotland v Georgia in Invercargill, Australia v Ireland in Auckland, England v Georgia in Dunedin, Australia v USA and then Argentina v Scotland in Wellington, Georgia v Romania in Palmerston Nth, South Africa v Samoa at Nth Harbour, Australia v Russia in Nelson, Ireland v Italy in Dunedin. I then have the Wellington Quarter Finals, the Two Semi Finals, the Bronze Final and the Final.

Small trip...

Yes, I am working there, but the great thing is my job is finished at kickoff...

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I will be in NZ for three weeks. Originally had the Christchurch pool matches, obviously that has all changed. Only games I am seeing now are Aus vs Italy in Auckland and Aus vs Russia in Nelson.

One week skiing out of Wanaka
One week sightseeing out of QT
Half week wine tasting in Blenheim
Half week sightseeing out of Nelson

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
was originally going for Aus Ire and QF1, with plans to pick up some other games as well. The impending baby put a stop to that. I've had to offload the AUS IRE tickets to a (very grateful) mate, and am going solo to QF1 on a splash and dash one night mission. Sadly, I will be watching somewhere in the vicinity of 100 hours of Rugby on my couch.

If anyone is keen to come to QF1 let me know - I have a spare ticket

todd4

Jim Clark (26)
I have taken leave for the entire World Cup but I am heading in a different direction. Fly to Thailand 9th sept and return 26th oct. 2 weeks in Bangkok and 5 weeks in Pattaya, I'll get to watch every game live in a multitude of sports bars.

Warm weather and laid-back lifestyle, looking forward to it. :thumb

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
I have taken leave for the entire World Cup but I am heading in a different direction. Fly to Thailand 9th sept and return 26th oct. 2 weeks in Bangkok and 5 weeks in Pattaya, I'll get to watch every game live in a multitude of sports bars.

Warm weather and laid-back lifestyle, looking forward to it. :thumb

What with the time difference between NZ and Thailand, am sure you can hit the ground running when you wake up in the morning watching the RWC and drinking with the nightlife to look forward to once the day's matches are over...lucky sod!

C

Coopers Men

I'm heading over for the Bronze Final and Final at Eden Park... can not wait, hopefully its an All Blacks vs Wallabies final

C

chriscullen

I will be in NZ for three weeks. Originally had the Christchurch pool matches, obviously that has all changed. Only games I am seeing now are Aus vs Italy in Auckland and Aus vs Russia in Nelson.

One week sightseeing out of QT
Half week wine tasting in Blenheim
Half week sightseeing out of Nelson

Check out the wineries near qtown as well, about half hour from the town the gibbston valley wines are great. Especially Pinot noir! Just back from staying there going again in 3 weeks.

C

chriscullen

Also there is a nz legends v French legends match at Queenstown on sept 18th. Players for NZ include Cullen, Jeff Wilson and mehrtens

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I am going to 4 matches - France v Japan, Aus v Italy, Aus v Ireland and Aus v USA.

Had originally booked it up all pre Chch Quake so now flying from Auckland to Chch after Italy match for a few days at Mt Hutt, and then back up to Auckland for Ireland match. Then more snowboarding on Mt Ruapehu before USA game. Throwing in a couple of Half Marathons too.

Kind of wish I hadn't been so organised now as after all the stuffing around with the Finals ballots in the initial Sales phases and missing out then, I've since stared down the computer screen at tickets to what will be the Wallabies Quarter Final, Semi and the Final but somehow talked myself out of buying them. 4 trips to NZ in one year is probably overdoing it. (Went in April and doing Auckland marathon the weekend after the World Cup).

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)

Off topic: Look forward to feedback if you don't mind - thinking of it for next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.