• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wobs vs France @ Sydney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Isn't it on a Saturday? $350pp? That's VERY expensive, prefer to put my hard-earned towards a good feed at somewhere like the Lord Dudley.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The best way to make it a messy Saturday afternoon/evening is to meet for lunch/drinking session somewhere like The Bavarian Bier Cafe a few hours beforehand.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
The best way to make it a messy Saturday afternoon/evening is to meet for lunch/drinking session somewhere like The Bavarian Bier Cafe a few hours beforehand.

We have in Melbourne Mexico the Belgium beer cafe on the ground of the royal college for the blind. What an aptly named location, especially before a Rugby Test Match.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
We have in Melbourne Mexico the Belgium beer cafe on the ground of the royal college for the blind. What an aptly named location, especially before a Rugby Test Match.

The Belgian Beer Cafe is infinitely better than the Bavarian.

Unfortunately they're going out of business in Sydney. The one in The Rocks has been renamed the Heritage Bar and Restaurant. It still sells most of the same beer (although the range has decreased) but it isn't very popular.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
The Belgian Beer Cafe is infinitely better than the Bavarian.

Unfortunately they're going out of business in Sydney. The one in The Rocks has been renamed the Heritage Bar and Restaurant. It still sells most of the same beer (although the range has decreased) but it isn't very popular.

I must admit the Belgium Bier Cafe nights are expensive, but I always seem to recover better after drinking better quality Beer. This must be why I always have horrible hangovers are drinking the mid-strength crap at AAMI park; I've forced to go out and drink decent beers in the bars around Richmond just to compensate.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
The bloke who started the Belgian beer café concept (first one was Epoque in Cammeray then that wonderful school hall conversion in The Rocks) came a gutser when he over-reached himself with the Commercial Hotel in East Balmain. It was disastrous from the start: the night the new operators took over was the occasion the old staff crashed their boat into a prawn trawler in the early morning on their way to a party at Watsons Bay. From then on it was all downhill, the Balmain pub effectively dragged the whole group down and the corporate cleaners were called in. Such a shame, I quite liked the Harrington Street one, scene of G&GR's first Christmas do and many other happy occasions.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
The bloke who started the Belgian beer café concept (first one was Epoque in Cammeray then that wonderful school hall conversion in The Rocks) came a gutser when he over-reached himself with the Commercial Hotel in East Balmain. It was disastrous from the start: the night the new operators took over was the occasion the old staff crashed their boat into a prawn trawler in the early morning on their way to a party at Watsons Bay. From then on it was all downhill, the Balmain pub effectively dragged the whole group down and the corporate cleaners were called in. Such a shame, I quite liked the Harrington Street one, scene of G&GR's first Christmas do and many other happy occasions.

I'm amazed you can remember G&GR's first Christmas do!

Status
Not open for further replies.