• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Women's Rugby Union

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)

"“We also have a duty of care to the player in question. Liz has been a part of Queensland and National programs for a long time, and her actions on the weekend were out of character."

I have never understood the whole duty of care, duty of care should only extend to something that is in the clubs control, they are adults and have to take responsibility for their actions.
The only way I see the club has any duty is if biting was part of the training program!!!This would make them responsible.
She should be gone for what she did, and in reality could be charged with assault if a complaint was made.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Maybe they are taking a holistic approach to the player. If she has something going on in her life outside of the game that they know about then there is a duty of care.

Aurelius

Ted Thorn (20)
Maybe they are taking a holistic approach to the player. If she has something going on in her life outside of the game that they know about then there is a duty of care.

Unless she was bitten by a vampire recently it's pretty hard to imagine what could mitigate taking a chomp out of your opponent.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Yeah, that's a valid point. I can't find an excuse for biting someone.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)

Samson

Chris McKivat (8)
The Olympics in Japan have put the men's 7's on first with the women having the main stadium day. Apparently it is in recognition of the growth in women's rugby world wide. We all know that the hand that rocks the cradle determines the sport the child will play. Hopefully.