• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Women's Rugby

Women's Rugby

• it's awesome

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • it's awesome but I'm not the target market for this

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • it's rubbish

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • I watch it for the spunks

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • I can only watch the top level stuff

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Maybe women's rugby can save the whole stupid sport

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • It'll be wild when the transgender blokes turn up for a game haha

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Does GAGR have ANY women members?

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Just Derpus

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Stupid Derpus

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Australian Government and Rugby Australia announce $14.2 million Pacific partnership:

While not strictly Women's rugby funding, it certainly sounds like that's the focus here. It'll be interesting to see what the plans are for Penina Pasifika are going forward as (if) they eventually look to integrate the women's super rugby competitions. If the want full parity with the men's comp they'll be an important addition, particularly with New Zealand only having the 4 sides up and running right now.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
WXV 2024 to be hosted in Canada this year in Sep-Oct, WXV 2 will return to South Africa and WXV 3 to Dubai

WXV-2024-Qualification.jpg

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Really good preseason win by the Force over the Rebels. They’ve obviously recruited very well and have shown great commitment to the program. I reckon there’s every chance they will challenge the Reds as the second best Aussie side in the comp.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Really good preseason win by the Force over the Rebels. They’ve obviously recruited very well and have shown great commitment to the program. I reckon there’s every chance they will challenge the Reds as the second best Aussie side in the comp.

This seems pretty accurate after the first round. Really look forward to seeing how the Force go v the Tahs. Tahs are a class above. Great to see Piper Duck back. She was excellent.

My fears for the Reds are confirmed. They will struggle this year. Their pack in particular is lightweight and went missing today. We miss the workers of Codey, Parry and Cheetham. But our handling was also terrible.

pnut

Watty Friend (18)
This seems pretty accurate after the first round. Really look forward to seeing how the Force go v the Tahs. Tahs are a class above. Great to see Piper Duck back. She was excellent.

My fears for the Reds are confirmed. They will struggle this year. Their pack in particular is lightweight and went missing today. We miss the workers of Codey, Parry and Cheetham. But our handling was also terrible.
Who runs the program in QLD??

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
Tahs women looked pretty solid yesterday. final 20 mins is where they kicked on with I assumed was better fitness than the Brumbs. New 22 on debut was sharp and the Tahs 10 looks super composed. Definite pick up in skill from last year and more kicking which is good - in previous seasons it was a bit of a ruck-athon but now some tactical kicking skills makes methink we'll be competing at the top echelon of international rugby going forward.
Nice to meet Plucka after the game and see loads of young girls swarming her at the post game event. A natural leader.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Well they certainly look like a team that has taken a giant step backwards. Some key losses over the off season but they have been very poor this year. Much of that has to be put down to the ‘system’ for sure. But they don’t look great at the moment.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Warriors are re-launching their NRLW team from 2025 & Bulldogs will also be putting a team into what will then be a 12-team comp.

Can see Warriors going hard on the recruitment front as they'll want to be competitive from the get-go.

Makes it even more important IMO for Aus SRW & NZ Aupiki to either merge or at least have some form of crossover.