• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Worst Australian Team I've seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
This is worst team i've seen since i can remember.
none of them deserve to represent Australia.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Agreed. Sack the coach, seriously. Do what the South Africans do and play our traditional game, play to our strengths, which is a structured back orientated game plan. Even in the past when our forwards got dominated our backs could keep us in the game, now they can't even do that.

P

Part of the union

Deans can fuck off back home, put an Aussie back in charge and maybe these blokes will have some pride in the jumper again as all they are doing now is making us look shocking.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Reddy! said:
Even in the past when our forwards got dominated our backs could keep us in the game, now they can't even do that.

Regrettably, I'm agreeing with naza on this. Its not so much the coach as the cattle. Why did we muscle up and beat the shit out of South Africa two weeks ago? I don't know - same as I don't know why we were completely absent against the Kiwis up front tonight.

As for the backline - all those looking to the past should remember we had ALL TIME GREATS there like Gregan, Larkham, Horan, Little/Herbert, Roff, Tune, Burke - at the peak of their powers.

I think Giteau needs sacking just to wake him up. He can't run a game when he's on the back foot like Larkham did, and jeez you think after playing at the Force he'd be used to it.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
wow, i thought i was silly for having this opinion, well bugger me, talk about your supporter turn around from brissy! hated deans when we got him, still hate him now!

P

Part of the union

All too interested in looking good and all they do is talk a big game. Big deal, a win against the Boks who were due a bad game.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
This was the worst Wallaby performance since 1997 Wbos V boks. We were terrible, shithouse, hopeless. We made this weak all Balck team look strong. The boks would have put 50 against either team tonight, and that would have been in the 1st half. Did I mention we were shite. Robbie Deans should be out having these guys run 400m until they spew. And thewm make them back up an go again.

I confess I am disappointed by our performance tonight. The only positive I can see is that the All Blacks winning will mean that they won't acknowledge how poor they have been this year and so probably wont change anything.

We were poor from the kick off, maybe even before that. Fuck, we would have struggled beat to be a club rugby team tonight. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is the only Wallaby that wasn't complete shit tonight. He deserves the 3-2-1 points.

What to do for deans?

1stly, work out how his captain is going to be. I have no confidence in Smith leading us in 2011. have a punt and pick someone and stick with them.

I am so angry I am going to have a break and come back wheh I calm down.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
waratahjesus said:
wow, i thought i was silly for having this opinion, well bugger me, talk about your supporter turn around from brissy! hated deans when we got him, still hate him now!

I haven't turned around at all. I never said they were fantastic. All i was sayings was burguess wasn't good enough. and he still isn't. Genia is better.
and your still silly.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Fark me I almost believed the Aussie media this week.

That was a good old fashioned beating.

Deans may as well stay in NZ. The hatchets are out.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
louie said:
waratahjesus said:

I haven't turned around at all. I never said they were fantastic. All i was sayings was burguess wasn't good enough. and he still isn't. Genia is better.
and your still silly.

Note the bit in large text...

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
I really don't know if they are all that bad. Certainly, they are playing absolutely pissweak rugby. But each of them is capable of playing top rugby. There's no-one to write off, even JOC (James O'Connor), althogh he needs a rest. There's just something not clicking with them. It really could all turn around in a season.

S

Spook

Well I still have faith in Deans but gee it was a woeful display. We just seem to go wide without creating any quick ball.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
I agree with teh earlier comment that suggested that in the past OZ teams have still looked the goods even when the fatties haven't gained ascendency. A big reason for that in the past was due to Gregan and Larkham. Having a genuine 1st 5 that can control a game under whatever pressure can defuse whatever crap ball the forwards are dishing up. Bernie did this on countless occassions IMO. Plan and simple Giteau cannot. He can do it at S14 level but not at test level where defences are more organised.

What also helped in the past was the use of Mortlock to get past the gain line and a booming boot of Latham to get the fatties at least going forward. While AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is trying hard and does cart the ball up with authority, OZ are not getting the big kicks from the back that quickly turn the pressure back on the opposition. Latham could do that and Rabbit is not there yet (and I personally don't think that is his game either). Gerrard would have been a better fit for this OZ team this year to fill this role.

The Bok game showed that the forwards can demonstrate they know what to do and get stuck in, but at this point in time its more the exception than the rule. There was alot of standing and watching tonight and that IMO reaks of poor concentration and fluctuating committment levels.

What does Jim Williams do BTW.....

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
my problem is that most of our players are myths.

Barnes had one good game this year at super 14.
same with Giteau.
We look at them as players that control the same. give the team direction. how about threatening the line? Attacking? going for a run?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
:nta: Aus has been blown away at the breakdown for most of the tri nations.

We just don't get enough bodies there, last night we were as crap as we were in SA.

Until our pigs and coaches realise they have to get up and get to that next ruck, and drive past the ball; this will happen again and again.

We continue to think that we can hold the ruck, not commit numbers and place the ball deep; so we end up being driven off the ball by more committed sides

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
louie said:
waratahjesus said:

and your still silly.

silly is a state of mind, for the forth game this year we were getting beat and we didnt have a plan b, its a kiwi coach thing that we go with one set of tactics and thats it, Genia throw alot of flat ball last night yes his passes hit the mark but they wernt in front of players and giteau seemed to leave the ground alot to catch them, not even blowing burgos trumpet but guess genia is above everyone when it comes to the blame game.

at this rate, lets give quade a go at 10, at least the guy trys and seems to have some flare!

Status
Not open for further replies.