• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Worst Commentator Pole Action

Worst Commentator?

• Total voters

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
https://www.rugbypass.com/news/genu...fans-as-phil-kearns-exits-the-commentary-box/
giphy.gif

There goes the basis for 98% of your memery

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
Can Stan just find some commentators who aren't bitter and won't spend 80min + stoppages hanging shit on the game? Command of the English language is not essential, but would be an improvement over the previous lot (with the notable exception of Clarko).

The last 20 years of Australian commentary have largely been the NRL marketing department's dream.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Pharewell To Phil.
0f58a120-5d92-4890-b7e5-e8e985165ae4_zpsbgryicha.jpg
4b3adadb-b350-4a0b-8dea-e34635fbe2c9_zpsp96kebh0.jpg
philk3_zpsl3nscskv.jpg
philk6_zpsks0rs2lh.jpg
pfitz_zpsypzkqvhs.jpg
OH CRAP, sorry, wrong pic, never mind that one.
philk6_zpsszex6aha.jpg
philk3_zpss6lzxdei.jpg
kearnsrof_zpso3sp5a8e.jpg

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Seems to be some sort of paradoxical rule in effect in that the better the player was, the more drab and boring they are in the comm booth; George Gregan, Tim Horan, Christian Cullen...

You only have to compare Bill Lawry and Ian Chappell to confirm this theory.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
As Nisbo's heir to the AB test match play-by-play throne I would take Rikki Swannell in a heartbeat ahead of that biased shrieking disdainful anti-Auckland fucktard Tony Johnstone.

Yes, Rikki Swannell.

A WOMAN.

Most of NZ's boofhead male rugby fraternity would flee into the jet-black night at the thought of a woman commentator entrusted to call All Black test matches but she is so damn good at it.

I don't even think of her as some sort of affirmative action choice, she just seems like the best person for the goddamn job.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
My neanderthal aural adjustment protocol has progressed thusly:

her 1st match:my walnut brain just could not compute and adjust
her 2nd match: after about 30 mins I sort of got used to her
her 3rd match: after about 5 mins didnt notice she was a woman.
her 4th match: YESSSS, not TJ.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Maybe we should start a new thread. The standard of commentary by the Nine team is really good. Sean Maloney in particular, he is knowledgeable, interesting, always adds something to the vision.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
Maybe we should start a new thread. The standard of commentary by the Nine team is really good. Sean Maloney in particular, he is knowledgeable, interesting, always adds something to the vision.

So maybe a reverse of this one? "World's best commentator"? (or any variation on the theme)

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)

And yet I find myself thinking the opposite. He is dreadfully boring and so is Turinui. Half the time they have no clue on the laws of the game.

I won't be happy until we see Jaybor and Sauce on the mics.