• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Worst Commentator Pole Action

Worst Commentator?

• Total voters

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
looks like at 6% you're not alone there. why is it though? I thought after 95 he'd have a lifetime pass?
I can't speak for the rest, but to me he just isn't any good.

At least with Bladen in his day he would be able to tell you that McCaw came from so and so school and all sorts of other interesting tidbits about players. He also sounded really excited at good play.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
I can't speak for the rest, but to me he just isn't any good.

At least with Bladen in his day he would be able to tell you that McCaw came from so and so school and all sorts of other interesting tidbits about players. He also sounded really excited at good play.

That reminds me of seeing the display of the esteemed rugby commentator Bill McLaren's prematch notes at Murrayfield few years ago: (sorry if it has already been shown on this thread)

NULL

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Greg Martin's call for a penalty try over Higginbotham's shithouse hands should see him cited by SANZAAR for crimes against sanity: the guy makes Kearns look evenhanded.
He is absolutely appalling and this little incident typifies oz rugby: at no point does he question how a wide running no 8 with Higginbotham's test experience could have spilled that ball, or why Frizby kicked the thing. He is immediately looking (wrongly) for someone else to blame

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Just clone Sumo to commentate the games. He has my kind of sense of humor and makes it fun. He does his job professionally but doesn't take himself to serious in doing so. He is genuinely funny unlike others who are simply turds who like the sound of their own voice. No real rocket science here.

I also don't like commentators that bitch and wine about everything and also sound like they have a silver spoon up their backside. That pretty much excludes the Australian Stock.

I'm not to fussed about what happens in the game. As long as the ref gives clear hand signals, I'll take care of the rest myself.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Because I don't want to start a thread (and this thread is the most suitable), what is your dream commentary crew? Only criteria is you have to use current commentators

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Barnes is the unchallenged winner of worst commentator

Kearns and Jonathan Davies vying off for 2nd.

Below these guys is Marto and Stransky.

Kafe and Marshall in the next category.

Gregan and the South African guy on the Sunwolves games both failed to reach commentator status.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
He's easy to listen to, but his delusion levels and bias make Kearns look like an absolute amateur.

Kearns i don't mind on the magazine shows or commentating anyone, except when it involves the Waratahs. He only hits Barnes level then

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Because I don't want to start a thread (and this thread is the most suitable), what is your dream worst fucking nightmare commentary crew? Only criteria is you have to use current commentators
Current dream team? **IMPOSSIBLE**

Alltime would by Bill Mclaren play by play, John Drake and John Hart analysis. Yes, Hart, much reviled in NZ by due to umbilical-cord-death-by-strangulation synonymity with RWC catastrophe, a pain he can never make go away, but his level of insight at one of the World Cups that never happened was fantastic.

Nightmare option, Justin Marshall doing play-by-play with Kearns as colour man and Ian fucking go back to cricket Smith on the sideline. With Shiggins having direct access to stadium P.A.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Current dream team? **IMPOSSIBLE**

Alltime would by Bill Mclaren play by play, John Drake and John Hart analysis. Yes, Hart, much reviled in NZ by due to umbilical-cord-death-by-strangulation synonymity with RWC catastrophe, a pain he can never make go away, but his level of insight at one of the World Cups that never happened was fantastic.

Nightmare option, Justin Marshall doing play-by-play with Kearns as colour man and Ian fucking go back to cricket Smith on the sideline. With Shiggins having direct access to stadium P.A.

Add in Eales and Gregan for some sound-beige, and Ian Jones for white noise, and the nightmare is complete.

CO2.jpg