• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

WTC and Ashes 2023

Sword of Justice

Bill McLean (32)
England definitely picking the right side of the coin too, Cummins had like a 10 match winning streak with the toss, would love a win soon.
I believe I heard the other day that Australia has never lost the match when Cummins has lost the toss. He truly is the modern day super skipper.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
I believe I heard the other day that Australia has never lost the match when Cummins has lost the toss. He truly is the modern day super skipper.
Well, so far it's been right - lost all three tosses for the ashes, won the first two games!

I think if Cummins won the toss, he'd have bowled first on that deck.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I think we can safely say that Green wouldn't have done that with the bat. Marsh's knock is disaster averting. Has already taken a wicket too. It'll be harder to tell though if we're missing Cam's screamers in the gully.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
But Green just might be another one if we persist with him.

I think Green is well and truly locked in. His batting average is 34 which isn't bad at this point of his career.

If you thought an alternative that isn't an all rounder is someone like Pete Handscomb, his test average is only 37 which doesn't make a compelling case to pick him over Green.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
You could have got 100-1 or better on Mitch Marsh scoring an Ashes hundred on this tour before the series started I reckon. Incredible.
Esp as his batting average before this test was 27.01 and his bowling 37.95 - rather the wrong way round for an all-rounder I'd say.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Tactical nous is sadly lacking from the Aussies. Stupid tactics and bowling rubbish to boot.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Cummins produces great moments as a player but I wish their was a bloke walking up to the bowlers and telling them to fucking switch on and cut the shit.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
It is so frustrating listening to all these short balls being bowled when stokes has his eye in. The wicket still has some life, whats wrong with bowling at the stumps?