• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2024

Mandy Sparecereo

Bob McCowan (2)
Thats a pretty handy result for Alos - Riverview 3rds are one of the stronger in the comp. Good for confidence anyway.
Agreed, Aloys was missing some key players including their #3, #5, #6 and #10 due to injury. The forwards really stood up today and were solid throughout the majority of the game with #4 and #5 being standouts. Some nice work in the backs too with a bit of an undersized team with the #13 making some great runs and another great try from the #14. Kinross should be a good test for them next week.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Barker were solid today but I will admit the score did not do justice to Kinross. They never gave up. Competative scrum held their own against the bigger pack of the Reds. Jack Tink 2 from Kinross was superb all day. Hard runner and brutal in defence while 7 Oscar Cleary was close to the best forward on the park. From Barkers perspective this was a solid hit out. Weather proved decisive and handling errors affected both teams. Nick Hill 1 always made ground ball in hand while TJ Talaileva was a brick wall in defence. Rath 9 and Dene 10 have a good combination while Charlie Poynton 15 is electric in open play. KinRoss will be competative in the ISA this year.

Knox_to_win

Stan Wickham (3)
Knox seem to have the right set up this year.

Came out of the blocks last year and found it hard to keep their levels as high at the back end.

Smarter coaching it seems to come good at the right end of the season.

Props are People too

Sydney Middleton (9)
I know it’s incredibly early but could isa potentially upset CAS and even GPS? Watched augs beat Joeys today and the amount of talent in the ISA this year is ridiculous.
It’s not a bad call. Does not seem a classic year for GPS and even less so CAS. The ISA backline will be epic: Hatten-Ward, Walsh, Conti, Woods, Feltham, Bloomfield. Scary.

Last edited:

JohnnyOhns

Banned
It’s not a bad call. Does not seem a classic year for GPS and even less so CAS. The ISA backline will be epic: Hatten-Ward, Walsh, Conti, Woods, Feltham, Bloomfield. Scary.
The issue with ISA this year for representative teams is that all the schools have outstanding flyhalfs and fullbacks. The headache is whether Conti or Walsh will play 10. As well as who will play fullback out of Woods and Berryman. With a strong forward pack dominated by Auggies players and Oakhill boys.

Regards,

JO

belowthesternum

Frank Row (1)
I know this is CAS forum but this would be my ISA Backline
15. Woods (Pats)
14. Holmes (Oak)
13. Harvey (Oak)
12. Walsh (St Aug)
11. Berryman (St Aug)
10. Conti (Pats)
9. Blank (St Aug)

The issue with ISA this year for representative teams is that all the schools have outstanding flyhalfs and fullbacks. The headache is whether Conti or Walsh will play 10. As well as who will play fullback out of Woods and Berryman. With a strong forward pack dominated by Auggies players and Oakhill boys.

Regards,

JO
Won’t be an issue as if they’re signed with League already they won’t go into union pathways.

TheBoogieMan

Frank Nicholson (4)
After this, I might say quite odd trial round I am very interested in seeing how the CAS season turns out, I still believe Waverley and Knox (potentially Barker, showed they are able to pile on points and keep composure) will control the top of the table. A handy win from Cranbrook against a well oiled St Pats team could have them in contention for that 3rd spot on the ladder. Aloys appeared to show there grit and determination to get a win against Riverview while carrying significant injuries, though this being Riverviews 3rd XV they could considered top runners for their GPS comp. After Trinity's loss to Pius proving a lack of connection within the side, especially defence within the back line and being unable to hold composure in there own 22, could we potentially see a different wooden spooner? Any early ladder predictions?

Early CAS prediction
1. Waverley
2. Knox
3. Barker
4. Cranbrook
5. Aloys
6. Trinity

Redtilldead24

Bob McCowan (2)
Yep they’ve also got some quality forwards as well. Osborn, Wilson and Moretti. If other forwards can step up they’ll be competitive. I stil feel that the depth of gps and probably CAS will be too much but it’s exciting to see such a competitive ISA.

Knox_to_win

Stan Wickham (3)
Interesting to see on the AGPS page from the Waverley photo, it looks like their 3 best forwards didn’t play. Are they out for the season?

Top Bottom