• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2024

Dane Barnes

Banned
I feel that these are rather outlandish placings Dane Barnes.

My rankings.
1st Waverley
2nd Knox
3rd Barker
4th Cranbrook
5th Aloysius
6th Trinity
See I don't like this level of disrespect toward the trinity side, these boys have something historic cooking.

Cheers,
Dane signing out

Hey guys! New to the forum here I've heard a lot about opens and the power rankings for the upcoming season. Just keen on learning more about the 16's age group as I have recently moved over from South Africa, Cranbrook seems to be quite a controversial team for the 16's age group, how are they shaping up.

Regards

robbohudson225

Frank Row (1)
I was at the Trinity v Pius last round and I have got to say Trinity's fullback was a diamond in what was a rough game. I mean wow! His elite kicking ability was on display in the wet conditions. However, the way the rest of the team handled themselves was embarrassing.

Does anyone know the fullback's name?

Regards,

RW
Hey Rick,

The Trinity lineup for last Saturday vs Pius X was:

1. Mastro
2. Meagher (c)
3. Chichinelli
4. Herden
5. Issako
6. Van Hal
7. Ghannoum
8. Soatini
9. Thompson
10. Dimento
11. Prideux
12. Williams
13. Edmed
14. Nasr
15. Frazer

TheBoogieMan

Frank Nicholson (4)
Hey Rick,

The Trinity lineup for last Saturday vs Pius X was:

1. Mastro
2. Meagher (c)
3. Chichinelli
4. Herden
5. Issako
6. Van Hal
7. Ghannoum
8. Soatini
9. Thompson
10. Dimento
11. Prideux
12. Williams
13. Edmed
14. Nasr
15. Frazer
Are there any representative boys leading the group, not too familiar with the Trinity side. Would like to know if they could be competitive after the the losses they have suffered the previous weeks.

Ziggy

Herbert Moran (7)
MY CAS PREDICTIONS FOR 3rd XV
1. Trinity
2. Waverley
3. Knox
4. Waverley
5. Barker
6. Aloys

Trinity is looking to go back-to-back this year with a strong forward pack and a u15 waratahs gen blue coach

Whilst you're at it, can you give us the prediction for 16A's, 15A's, 14A's and 13A's as well?

saladsdontwinscrums1

Frank Row (1)
Hey guys! New to the forum here I've heard a lot about opens and the power rankings for the upcoming season. Just keen on learning more about the 16's age group as I have recently moved over from South Africa, Cranbrook seems to be quite a controversial team for the 16's age group, how are they shaping up.

Regards
Cranbrook 16As are a good team this year with stand outs being Johann Ah-colt, Jadon Perumal and Charlie Harris. So far no team has scored on them. Playing St pats and Pius, will be an interesting game this weekend vs Augustines could see them potentially getting the win. We will have a better understanding though later in the season.

rick waterhouse

Frank Row (1)
I feel that these are rather outlandish placings Dane Barnes.

My rankings.
1st Waverley
2nd Knox
3rd Barker
4th Cranbrook
5th Aloysius
6th Trinity
Hey TheBoogieMan,

I think with key players such as Frazer and Dimento carving up in the backline, this will bump them up to 3rd.

Have to wait and see what they bring to Oakhill this Saturday!

Regards,

RW

Cranbrook 16As are a good team this year with stand outs being Johann Ah-colt, Jadon Perumal and Charlie Harris. So far no team has scored on them. Playing St pats and Pius, will be an interesting game this weekend vs Augustines could see them potentially getting the win. We will have a better understanding though later in the season.
Thanks saladsdontwinscrums, which of these players are on scholarship? And do any play rep?

Walshy81

Sydney Middleton (9)
A little harsh on Trinity. If I recall correctly their '23 preseason was not as impressive as Cranbrook's only to surprise them in R2!

There are a few more good comparisons before R1, Knox v Pats this weekend, Barker v Pats on the last weekend, as examples. And games v Auggies.

Just a thought... I'm wondering why Barker played Kinross and are due to play St Greg's?..., seems a bit of a mismatch, historically at least.

Anyway, sorry to my SAC friends, but I can't see Aloys beating Trinity... I think Trinity would've easily accounted for View 3rds, where Aloys scraped past.

TheBoogieMan

Frank Nicholson (4)
A little harsh on Trinity. If I recall correctly their '23 preseason was not as impressive as Cranbrook's only to surprise them in R2!

There are a few more good comparisons before R1, Knox v Pats this weekend, Barker v Pats on the last weekend, as examples. And games v Auggies.

Just a thought... I'm wondering why Barker played Kinross and are due to play St Greg's?..., seems a bit of a mismatch, historically at least.

Anyway, sorry to my SAC friends, but I can't see Aloys beating Trinity... I think Trinity would've easily accounted for View 3rds, where Aloys scraped past.
Even if Knox may not be as strong as they where last year I believe they should be able to put a number of Pats due to there size and cohesion. Though from what I have been reading Conti and Woods wont go down without a fight.

JoeMarshall67

Frank Row (1)
Whilst you're at it, can you give us the prediction for 16A's, 15A's, 14A's and 13A's as well?
I'll give it a red hot crack,

16A's
Knox
Cranbrook
Waverley
Barker
Aloys
Trinity

15A's
Same as 16's, with Cranbrook dropping to 4th, and Trinity squeaking into the top 3, Aloys bumping Barker to 6th.

14A's and 13A's remain a slight mystery with little in the way of information but would safely go with Waverley, Trinity and Cranbrook leading the ladder, and Knox dropping due to whispers of little depth. The rest is up in the air.

Cheers,
JM67

Patrick Murphy

Bob McCowan (2)
MY CAS PREDICTIONS FOR 3rd XV
1. Trinity
2. Waverley
3. Knox
4. Waverley
5. Barker
6. Aloys

Trinity is looking to go back-to-back this year with a strong forward pack and a u15 waratahs gen blue coach
Puzzling Waverley appears twice... Any results from the 3rd XV competition?
St Aloysius' has won one game from two, counting the Pius trial three, with a convincing win over Grammar.

Patrick Murphy

Bob McCowan (2)

Addressing St Aloysius',
Multiple of their high-quality players have been, or still are, injured, including both players that played CAS 2nd XV last year (#3 and #5).
A win over Riverview 3rd XV, one of the strongest in the GPS 3rds comp, is a good indicator of where St Aloysius is at. Let's not say they just scraped past either, yes sloppy play in the second half could have cost them the game, but a strong first-half showing won them the game regardless. The number #14 continues his try-scoring form, with another fantastic try.
Three players were from the 2nd XV for St Aloysius' against Riverview. The loss of the 3, 5, and 10; all quality players in key positions, and to produce a winning result, isn't something to scoff at.
The player in the number #5 jersey against Riverview has also just returned from injury. The next few weeks, once injury woes have subsided, and players are back in natural playing positions, will the St Aloysius team truely be able to be evaluated. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.
Enjoy good rugby.
Up the Blue and Gold.

Milly Maroje

Peter Burge (5)

Score wasn't a reflection of the game aloys wiped the floor with view.

Top Bottom