• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia v Ireland, Sat 9th June @ 8.00pm, Suncorp Brisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
That was my point.
Who.
Not how.
I know this is your little fiefdom but do you not think that is a personal attack contrary to the forum rules, particularly given that there was no observation directed at you, or of you, you imperious sod.
No. I called you miserable. If sod is the issue maybe I should ban us both. Or just actually cope. It’s not my fiefdom, I just work here. By all means take it up with the owner if you feel you’ve been harshly treated. I’ve never been called imperious. I quite like it.

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
Ok, a very strong effort by the whole team, and isn't it great to beat the World ranked No 2 side with a minimum of preparation. And no good the Irish claiming they had a second team out there for 50 - 60 minutes, because the Wallabies were more dominant at the end of the game.

First observation - Pocock clearly MOTM.

After that, I was really impressed tonight with KB (Kurtley Beale)'s defense. He defended in his correct spot for most of the game and did it pretty damn good. Took courage to face Furlong at full speed near the end, and though he fell off he disrupted the run sufficiently to allow the remaining defense to get him.

Talking of Furlong, where did he get the reputation for being World's best No 3? The Irish scrum went backwards on his side when Tom R was in our LH spot. Robertson was also good in general play. Happy with the way both Timu and Samu played in their debuts. Samu especially looks to be strong over the ball.

Quite a few comments above bemoaning our lineout. The first throw by BPA was won by the Irish, and another later in the match went over the top and was snaffled by the Irish. Were there any other losses that I missed? I thought BPA put in a credible effort for his first test as well. After he came on late in the game, did Simmons even win a lineout? He certainly was very poor otherwise; a laughable attempt to provide support to Coleman in a tackle situation had him actually trying to push Coleman back towards the Aussie half. Luckily he is so ineffective that it didn't have too much impact. Then at least two woeful tackle misses as well as the dropped ball when Genia presented him with an opening as wide as Sydney Heads. Cheika clearly was unimpressed.

Folau and DHP were excellent with their work in the air. Coleman had a few shocking moments. I wonder if he fully grasps the laws of the game? Rodda was best of the locks - probably best on ground.

It was a very good first test outing against a game-hardened side. Should be a ripper of a series overall.

Can't disagree with anything you said there BR. What's your take on Foley?

JT0406

Allen Oxlade (6)
Mainly because I just don't rate Robertson and will never think otherwise, logically or not, and I'm still dirty that Rangi didn't get in on form over Fainga'a, so there is no way I can put Latu with the 48 seconds he has played over Fainga'a.

Still dirty... that 68th scrum win sealed the deal with Robertson!

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
People are talking about the Japanese lucky cat, not lip reading Chekia or his talking about his reactions. I think that is what the cat is all about.
To be fair I thought Cheika was a bit calmer tonight. Attitude around the group seems great and I think a lot of that goes down to the younger players like BPA, Tupou, Folau Faiinga etc. whose obvious joy at becoming Wallabies seems to have reinvigorated a passion for the jersey. Our first 30 minutes in defence was like nothing I’d ever seen from the Wallabies before.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Simmons dropped the ball in a huge hole but I did see an uncharacteristic dominant tackle from him ten minutes earlier which impressed me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
To be fair I thought Cheika was a bit calmer tonight. Attitude around the group seems great and I think a lot of that goes down to the younger players like BPA, Tupou, Folau Faiinga etc. whose obvious joy at becoming Wallabies seems to have reinvigorated a passion for the jersey. Our first 30 minutes in defence was like nothing I’d ever seen from the Wallabies before.

Spot on!

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)
Was very worried about the backline selected as they have some poor Super Rugby tackling stats, 3 in the top 10 for missed tackles. Great defensive effort tonight, solid effort by Kerevi whose defense I have not been a fan off and coach Gray looked to have done his research.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Out of interest, do you actually work here?
No. I called you miserable. If sod is the issue maybe I should ban us both. Or just actually cope. It’s not my fiefdom, I just work here. By all means take it up with the owner if you feel you’ve been harshly treated. I’ve never been called imperious. I quite like it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Wales rwc2015? Passion for the jersey ought be the norm

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Wales rwc2015? Passion for the jersey ought be the norm

Ought to be but hasn’t always looked it at times (Scotland vs Aus last year in June?). Have seen good defensive efforts to hold teams out like Wales 2015 but the volume of enormous shots in defence was something else.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
It must have been the plan. The Wallabies came out hard and fast and put some huge hits on in the first 15 minutes. When the bench players came on it was the same. Tui put on some massive hits.
Have to establish physical dominance. So good to watch. Koiebete and Beale fantastic in defence. Kerevi hot and cold.
Best test by Robertson. He really stepped up. No-one really had a bad game. Timu was quiet. He was probably taken back by the different speed of the game.
I'd like to see Tui(at 6) and TK start next week.

drewprint

John Solomon (38)
I’d like to put the couple of missed line outs down to nerves and communication issues with BPA. Should hopefully be able to iron those out for the next Test.

You’re mad if you’re want to drop Rodda for Simmons for lineout purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.