• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia v Ireland, Sat 9th June @ 8.00pm, Suncorp Brisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
This test was the first time Australia has kept a team tryless since Wales in the 2015 RWC. That's more than two and a half years and over 30 tests.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
What really cracks me up is Ireland had 26 points on the Six Nations table compared to 10 for England.

Man, the EJ (Eddie Jones) cycle is a vicious one.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Can't see a repeat of the effort this weekend, hey.

I can if the Wallabies come out looking to defensively belt the Irish into submission like they did in the last test.

Seen lots of people talking about how insipid, etc the Irish attack looked against Australia.. well their structures and shape don’t look much different to me after they just used them to send a winger to the record books with “‘most tries ever scored in a 6 Nations tournament” accolades.

Maybe it was because our team spent the first half absolutely thunder-fucking them? The inside-angled runners to shut down the loop plays Ireland relies on had me fully fucking torqued through the first half, for lack of more appropriate language to describe how fucking awesome it was to see our defense actually smash a side into submission with a deadly combination of Aussie smarts and pure brute force.

Edit: Aside from Rugby/NFL my favorite sport over the last ~5 years has been MMA, the UFC in particular. The first half performance from our defense very much reminded me of what it looks like when a fighter with naturally-gifted power finally figures out how to time and place his strikes, and the absolutely devastating impact that can have on his opponent. Watching our forwards smash the Irish forwards back in 2-on-1 tackles to stop movements from even beginning, and then watching the well-planned and devastating shooters on defense when the ball did get out the backs.. I could watch that shit ALL DAY LONG.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I can if the Wallabies come out looking to defensively belt the Irish into submission like they did in the last test.

Seen lots of people talking about how insipid, etc the Irish attack looked against Australia.. well their structures and shape don’t look much different to me after they just used them to send a winger to the record books with “‘most tries ever scored in a 6 Nations tournament” accolades.

Maybe it was because our team spent the first half absolutely thunder-fucking them? The inside-angled runners to shut down the loop plays Ireland relies on had me fully fucking torqued through the first half, for lack of more appropriate language to describe how fucking awesome it was to see our defense actually smash a side into submission with a deadly combination of Aussie smarts and pure brute force.
I wish to learn how to thunder-fuck. Sounds like a useful skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.