• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallaby Coach Conga Line

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
DP wasn't paid to have a year off.
$10 and I'm gone for good.
creditcards1.gif

Have a whip around.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
David Pocock wasn't paid by the ARU either so makes even more mute, wealth benefactors paid his wage. N o w Enough

Lost

Ted Fahey (11)
Would be most happy to see the Pocock v Hooper debate put away for good now, but there are a few resilient posters around who can't accept that DP wasn't paid to have a year off. FP now even wants to expand the error by suggesting Pocock had his salary increased during the years he played, when in fact it was reduced to be spread over the four years involved.

Seems no consensus around your conclusion, suppose in the end only he and RA know. Good luck to him and all the best in his next crusade.pretty sure we have not heard the last from him. The idea he needed a break was understandable , always putting body on the line etc. The bit that gave me the shits was folding in the Japan stint which resulted in a knee injury and more surgery. If he had come back 100% and refreshed, Happy Days.

That didn’t happen, he seemed to be chasing fitness from that point on. Don’t think he ever found it, certainly was not the force of nature that he was earlier in his career.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
That didn’t happen, he seemed to be chasing fitness from that point on. Don’t think he ever found it, certainly was not the force of nature that he was earlier in his career.

He only missed some Super Rugby and then won the John Eales Medal in 2018 (despite not playing the EOYT in 2017 that counts towards it).

I think he pretty clearly found that top form in 2018.

2019 was certainly a struggle and he never got to his peak again. That wasn't after spending the Australian Summer in Japan though.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
And, when you say wanger....... well, let’s just say it’ll kinda resemble one. At 2 in the morning. When you’re verrry drunk and blurry eyed.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
I apologise for somehow completely threadjacking the entirety of page 8 of "The Next Wallaby Coach" thread. Let's just pretend it never happened.....

..... hey, a bit like the last 3 years of Wallaby rugby!

*boom tish*

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Worst kept secret in world rugby!

Good luck to him. Hopefully the galahs on foxsports get off the chauvinist "AUSTRALIAN COACHES FOR AUSTRALIAN TEAMS!!!!" bandwagon and give him a chance to rebuild the team.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Should be a good appointment for Australia. If it comes to it, I'm not looking forward to Rennie vs Foster. Will be a curb stomping.