• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallaby Coach Conga Line

Uh huh

Alfred Walker (16)
I don’t want Robertson, like Robbie Deans he has only ever coached in an environment where he has had an enviable level of player depth to call on. Good coach undoubtedly, just not suited for Australian Rugby IMO.

I would prefer Jamie Joseph out of all them, he has now successfully coached two teams with comparatively limited playing depth and resources in their respective comps, what he did with the Highlanders was impressive, and what he did with Japan was even more impressive. It’s like he is perfectly suited to adjust the teams game plan to the resources he has to call on.

I think that - given the ARU board's obvious lack of nous - selecting a coach on potential is a gamble they shouldn't be trusted with. We need a coach with international experience and a proven track record; so they should be pursuing Jamie Joseph and Vern Cotter above all others.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Sort of, wasn't he paid higher for the seasons he was "playing" / watching from the sidelines whilst injured

He only signed and was paid for the two years following the sabbatical, and later requested if he could have those payments for the two years spread over three years, which RA agreed to as it benefited both parties.........

Reactions: dru

Lost

Ted Fahey (11)
He only signed and was paid for the two years following the sabbatical, and later requested if he could have those payments for the two years spread over three years, which RA agreed to as it benefited both parties...

But was fresh enough to give it a whirl in Japan between land care courses and Super Rugby seasons

I will stick with my version, at least hooper kept fronting up

Great player Pocock, not sure he will be missed as much as should Sort of got used to it.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
But was fresh enough to give it a whirl in Japan between land care courses and Super Rugby seasons

I will stick with my version, at least hooper kept fronting up

Well then, I’m not sure what any of that has to do with the price of Hooper’s yacht.........

Reactions: dru

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Would be most happy to see the Pocock v Hooper debate put away for good now, but there are a few resilient posters around who can't accept that DP wasn't paid to have a year off. FP now even wants to expand the error by suggesting Pocock had his salary increased during the years he played, when in fact it was reduced to be spread over the four years involved.