• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2020

Wilson

David Codey (61)
JOC (James O'Connor) seems to be working himself into the 10 jersey

With Loslesio sidelined he's really firming in that role and it'll offer a good combination to work with if McDermott gets the start at 9. I'd like to see how he goes with Simone outside him at wallabies level, liking the look of a backline like this:

9 McDermott
10 JOC (James O'Connor)
11 Koroibete
12 Simone
13 Kuridrani/Petaia
14 Wright
15 Banks

rugboy

Bob Loudon (25)
With Loslesio sidelined he's really firming in that role and it'll offer a good combination to work with if McDermott gets the start at 9. I'd like to see how he goes with Simone outside him at wallabies level, liking the look of a backline like this:

9 McDermott
10 JOC (James O'Connor)
11 Koroibete
12 Simone
13 Kuridrani/Petaia
14 Wright
15 Banks

It's good that Rennie is going to have some tough decisions. Difficulty will be how comfortable he is going against the All Blacks with a number of rookies. For me Petaia is a lock at 13 if he can stay healthy and play anywhere near like last night moving forward. That would leave only JOC (James O'Connor) and Koroibete with any real experience at international level. Unless Banks finds his pre-shutdown form I think having DHP experience at the back may be needed and perhaps White experience at 9.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
It's good that Rennie is going to have some tough decisions. Difficulty will be how comfortable he is going against the All Blacks with a number of rookies. For me Petaia is a lock at 13 if he can stay healthy and play anywhere near like last night moving forward. That would leave only JOC (James O'Connor) and Koroibete with any real experience at international level.
I've only seen Petaia play maybe 4 or 5 games and he's been excellent in all of them. He's a star - just needs to stay fit.

Wilson looks to be the same. Absolute weapon that kid.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
It's good that Rennie is going to have some tough decisions. Difficulty will be how comfortable he is going against the All Blacks with a number of rookies. For me Petaia is a lock at 13 if he can stay healthy and play anywhere near like last night moving forward. That would leave only JOC (James O'Connor) and Koroibete with any real experience at international level. Unless Banks finds his pre-shutdown form I think having DHP experience at the back may be needed and perhaps White experience at 9.

DHP is out for 5-6 weeks, I'm not sure he'll have the game time to be in a position to start for the Wallabies first up.

rugboy

Bob Loudon (25)
DHP is out for 5-6 weeks, I'm not sure he'll have the game time to be in a position to start for the Wallabies first up.

Id lean towards To'omua at 12 and/or White at 9 just for the experience. Would be a shame for both McDermott and Simone as both are the form players in their positions so far.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Id lean towards To'omua at 12 and/or White at 9 just for the experience. Would be a shame for both McDermott and Simone as both are the form players in their positions so far.
I really prefer selecting players in the position they've been playing. Simone should be the front runner for 12 IMO. There is no way that Rennie can avoid selecting a relatively green backline, really.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I really prefer selecting players in the position they've been playing. Simone should be the front runner for 12 IMO. There is no way that Rennie can avoid selecting a relatively green backline, really.

I agree, and nows the time to give them game time at test level, Petaia played completely at wing on the weekend though and maybe thats where he stays while coming back.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Petaia over Kuridrani at 13 too who has done pretty much nothing. Although I’ve got the feeling Kuridrani could be a Nonu type player.

B

Bobby Sands

I've only seen Petaia play maybe 4 or 5 games and he's been excellent in all of them. He's a star - just needs to stay fit.

Wilson looks to be the same. Absolute weapon that kid.

Its so apparent now, and I think he is one of the most special players I have ever seen.

That NRC tournament he played 3 or so years ago was just ludicrous.

So many people didn't watch the competition properly, and couldn't understand or didn't want to see what he was doing.

No matter the level, the class players are so clear.

Wrongerz is pretty special too I feel.

Fraser is not quite up to it at the moment, but I'll bet my bottom $ that he will be there or there abouts in 12 months.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Its so apparent now, and I think he is one of the most special players I have ever seen.

That NRC tournament he played 3 or so years ago was just ludicrous.

So many people didn't watch the competition properly, and couldn't understand or didn't want to see what he was doing.

No matter the level, the class players are so clear.

Wrongerz is pretty special too I feel.

Fraser is not quite up to it, but I'll bet my bottom $ that he will be there or there abouts in 12 months.
Yeah i'm not convinced he makes the best Reds backrow, let alone the Wallabies. I thought ASY (Angus Scott-Young) at 6 was quite successful. Wright is still McRight's superior.

rugboy

Bob Loudon (25)
Rennie has a tough job picking the 8. Isi, Wilson and Samu are all in really good form. Simple solution is move one to 6 and the other to the bench although that leaves out Valentini and Wright. Nice for a Wallabies coach to have these kind of headaches.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Banks has done nothing wrong and the Reds defence last night was hitting a sweat spot rarely seen. He or DHP will do nicely.

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
9-15: White, To'omua, Koroibete, JOC (James O'Connor), Petaia, T.Wright, Banks.
21-23: Tate, Lolesio, Hodge.