• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2020

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Let's say all locks are eligible and accessible:

The order should be:

1. Skelton
2. Rodda (although I feel he should be punished for his exit)
3. Arnold
4. Coleman

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
If we see some sort of tv deal signed and some confidence for players salarywise i think we will see Philip selected because he will be able to guarantee returning to the Rebels in the back end of the domestic season next year, as his current intention is to do. And i think we will see Rodda sign for another state making him eligible for this year, just as Nick White and To'omua were.

That means technically we would have Rodda, Philip, LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto), Simmons (Gits law) to pick from plus a few youngsters to be on the bench/squad.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Rodda was better than Arnold at test level.

But really depends who you’re pairing them with.

Edit: assuming we only get one back at the moment, Arnold would be the one I’d chase and pair him with LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Rodda was better than Arnold at test level.

But really depends who you’re pairing them with.

Edit: assuming we only get one back at the moment, Arnold would be the one I’d chase and pair him with LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
Not sure Arnold or LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) callil lineouts?

dru

Tim Horan (67)
The bigger problem with Rodda is that surely he no longer has as contract with RA. And they might not be keen.

Personally I'd call him in for sure.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
The bigger problem with Rodda is that surely he no longer has as contract with RA. And they might not be keen.

Personally I'd call him in for sure.

The other locks overseas don't have RA contracts either. Rennie wants to bring back 1 or 2 regardless.

For me, I think it needs to be Rodda and Skelton as these are the 2 most likely ones to feature at the 2023 WC.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
The other locks overseas don't have RA contracts either. Rennie wants to bring back 1 or 2 regardless.

For me, I think it needs to be Rodda and Skelton as these are the 2 most likely ones to feature at the 2023 WC.

Sure. They don't recently cancelled contracts either.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Skelton looks the goods from afar but is still not a great lineout option. I’d take Arnold and Rodda.
Rodda has not been treated well at the Reds since BT arrived, for whatever reason? Him leaving Oz was probably more about him leaving Qld. He still has a big future in Oz rugby. He was a lay down misere for the captaincy and was overlooked for a very young bloke who just arrived. Wright is an incredible player and is turning out to be a good captain but Rodda was shunted aside.
We need him to return.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Skelton looks the goods from afar but is still not a great lineout option. I’d take Arnold and Rodda.
Rodda has not been treated well at the Reds since BT arrived, for whatever reason? Him leaving Oz was probably more about him leaving Qld. He still has a big future in Oz rugby. He was a lay down misere for the captaincy and was overlooked for a very young bloke who just arrived. Wright is an incredible player and is turning out to be a good captain but Rodda was shunted aside.
We need him to return.

Pretty sure how the whole situation was handled shows BT made the "Wright" decision.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Rodda would be great for the Force. I don't like his manner of leaving in the slightest, but there are two sides to every story and I think wherever the truth lies, he has paid for his decisions.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
We need him to return.
Why was he a lay down misere? I’m disappointed he left but a don’t see why he should have considered the job his. Clearly the other players didn’t. And Wright didn’t ‘just arrive’. You’re RE-writing history.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Rodda didn’t leave in the greatest of circumstances but his performance for the Reds against the Highlanders the same week his Dad died was legendary. I wouldn’t doubt his commitment if we picked him for gold.

Reactions: TSR

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
If Rodda left due to being overlooked for captaincy, then that only confirms he wasn’t the right person for captain anyway.

one day we might get the true story to all this
Yes, some assumptions being being made by me. As said, Wright has been excellent and Rodda heart was not in it for whatever reason. It would be good to coax him back.