• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe 2 at Eden Park 18/10/20

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I am somewhat skeptical of that team. Why not promote Uelese? And Samu went well.

Buuut no issue with the dropping of Fainga'a and Hanigan was good this year. Liam on the bench makes me feel okay about Hanigan starting.

Edit: he could also just be trying guys out.

There was a passage of play last week where Uelese was just laying on the ground and could barely move, he was slow to get up and when he did he just waddled back to the defensive line. I said it previously, i understand it had been a big passage of play, but all the other wallabies were fighting to get back into the line, and most of them had been on the field longer.

I thought it was a poor look, either his fitness is lacking, or his mental edge is.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
There was a passage of play last week where Uelese was just laying on the ground and could barely move, he was slow to get up and when he did he just waddled back to the defensive line. I said it previously, i understand it had been a big passage of play, but all the other wallabies were fighting to get back into the line, and most of them had been on the field longer.

I thought it was a poor look, either his fitness is lacking, or his mental edge is.
Someone else commented that he took a knee to the head and should have gone for a HIA.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
BPA was excellent around the field during super rugby. Better then Uelese & Fainga'a IMO.

Not confident he’ll improve our lineout though.

Hanigan will help, but I do feel sorry for Samu. Didn’t do much wrong IMO, but I can only assume has made way to strengthen the lineout.

I’m a real fan of BPA and tickled if he gets to wear gold again. But he looked pretty standard fare for Super Au Hookers with wayward throws. Something must be happening on the training paddock, perhaps ruck work and scrum combo get’s him in?

Anyway, crack on Brandon!

Reactions: TSR

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)

Watch again. In his short time on the field he had more than double the tackles of FF (Folau Fainga'a)(no misses, FF (Folau Fainga'a) had 2), a breakdown turnover and about a dozen good clean outs. In fact he was the third highest tackle maker for the Wallabies behind only Hooper and Samu with no misses. He also carried the ball forward effectively a few times. He did get a knock to head near our goal line towards the end and was slow to move for two phases, but then he was back in the line looking for work.
For sure he needs to work on his fitness but he looks in much better shape than the other two hookers and is younger.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
All Blacks team named.

1. Joe Moody (47)
2. Dane Coles (70)
3. Ofa Tu'ungafasi (36)
4. Patrick Tuipulotu (31)
5. Tupou Vaa’i (1)
6. Shannon Frizell (10)
7. Sam Cane (69) (C)
8. Ardie Savea (45)
9. Aaron Smith (93)
10. Richie Mo’unga (18)
11. Caleb Clarke (1)
12. Jack Goodhue (14)
13. Anton Lienert-Brown (44)
14. Jordie Barrett (18)
15. Beauden Barrett (84)

16. Codie Taylor (51)
17. Alex Hodgman - debut
18. Nepo Laulala (27)
19. Scott Barrett (36)
20. Hoskins Sotutu (1)
21. TJ Perenara (65)
22. Rieko Ioane (30)
23. Damian McKenzie (24)

Whitelock out and Sotutu still on the bench. So yeah, as a few others predicted, the forwards are still treading water in redemption mode. Just cut out the tinkering around and get Sotutu and Akira in there.

Rugby Head

Watty Friend (18)
Hoping these are just rumours for the changes to the teams.
Samu does not deserve to be dropped out of the 23. FF (Folau Fainga'a) had a bad game, would have thought Uelese/ FF (Folau Fainga'a) would have swapped from bench to starting. Think he would click with an all brumbies front row in the second half. Petaia for Lolessio, it was only a matter of time for him to get back into the 23 and Paisami's game on the weekend warrants selection back into 13. Hanigan/ Simmons in the 23? God save us.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I like that midfield combination much more. I think Rieko will be using two hands from now on.

I wonder how much time Vaa'i will get with Barrett in the wings.

What's the go on Hodgeman? Sounds familiar but can't say I realised he was even in contention for a cap?

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
If it's Hanigan and Simmons on the bench i have no issue. Nothing wrong with respecting the set piece.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
1. Joe Moody. the tenured penalty magnate.
2. Dane Coles. harebrain trigger last legs
3. Ofa Tuungafasi. needs to step up
4. Patrick Tuipulotu. REALLY needs to step up
5. Tupou Vaa’i. who the ARSE is this
6. Shannon Frizell. wallflower
7. Sam Cane. cant do it all alone
8. Ardie Savea. dwarf speedbump

who cares who the fucking backs are. They could have 7 Rupeni Caucau's on stilts out there, it doesnt matter, its not like this midweek dogshit dirt tracker forward pack is ever going to win the ball for the poor cnuts

feels like I'm browsing the archived team sheets of failed midweek outfits from allblacks.com.

"LOL, I had forgotten that guy was even an All Black. A few too many crappy names here, no wonder they lost".

It's your time Australia, you dopes. This is IT.

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
I like that midfield combination much more. I think Rieko will be using two hands from now on.

I wonder how much time Vaa'i will get with Barrett in the wings.

What's the go on Hodgeman? Sounds familiar but can't say I realised he was even in contention for a cap?

Auckland boy who went to Canterbury/Crusaders at the start of his career but had trouble cracking the rotation there.

Came back to Blues/Auckland a couple of years ago and has really flourished - has always been super mobile but scrummaging has been an issue - however this year his scrummaging is hugely improved. A rare good selection by Foster.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Confirmed.........

WALLABIES (1-15): James Slipper, Brandon Paenga-Amosa, Taniela Tupou, Lukhan Salakaia-Loto, Matt Philip, Ned Hanigan, Michael Hooper (c), Harry Wilson, Nic White, James O'Connor, Marika Koroibete, Matt To'omua, Hunter Paisami, Filipo Daugunu, Tom Banks
Reserves: Jordan Uelese, Scott Sio, Allan Alaalaota, Rob Simmons, Liam Wright, Jake Gordon, Jordan Petaia, Reece Hodge