• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe 2 at Eden Park 18/10/20

Dctarget

John Eales (66)

KiwiM

Nev Cottrell (35)
Sucks for Bridge. Hopefully with Super presumably starting a bit later next year he can still play plenty of Super next year.

Clarke should have been starting over him anyway. Jordan should be the bench option but i'd expect them to pick DMac cos they are super conservative. I wouldn't put it past them to go 13 ALB 11 Rieko that's how conservative they are.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Sucks for Bridge. Hopefully with Super presumably starting a bit later next year he can still play plenty of Super next year.

Clarke should have been starting over him anyway. Jordan should be the bench option but i'd expect them to pick DMac cos they are super conservative. I wouldn't put it past them to go 13 ALB 11 Rieko that's how conservative they are.

Rieko is real good at wing n stuff. Dunno what he's doing in at 13.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Anyone with a news corp sub able to share who Panda is saying is in the team

So much for no or minimal changes.

BPA for Fainga'a, Hanigan for Samu, Wright for Valetini and Petaia for Lolesio.

I guess Rennie doesn't like the Brumbies now.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
So much for no or minimal changes.

BPA for Fainga'a, Hanigan for Samu, Wright for Valetini and Petaia for Lolesio.

I guess Rennie doesn't like the Brumbies now.

Bloody hell. Is that direct swaps or replacing their promotions on the bench? Can't say I want Hanigan starting at 8 against the All Blacks at Eden Park.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
WALLABIES (likely): 15. Tom Banks 14. Filipo Daugunu 13. Hunter Paisami 12. Matt To’omua 11. Marika Koroibete 10. James O’Connor 9. Nic White 8. Harry Wilson 7. Michael Hooper (captain) 6. Ned Hanigan 5. Matt Philip 4. Lukhan Salakaia-Loto 3. Taniela Tupou 2. Brandon Paenga-Amosa 1. James Slipper.

RESERVES: 16. Jordan Uelese 17. Scott Sio 18. Allan Ala'alatoa 19. Rob Simmons 20. Liam Wright 21. Jake Gordon 22. Reece Hodge 23. Jordan Petaia.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
If that's the Wallabies changes, I'm pretty excited to see the culling done in the ABs camp.

The leaked teams were spot on last week so not much reason to doubt this line up. Not sure I'm a fan of the leaked early team. I guess it promotes discussion.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Keep the same backline, good work.

I really hope Rennie has some amazing data on how Hanigan has been training the house down and can shift rucks like nothing else.

He was pretty great in Super Rugby post Covid I thought. Especially defensively at the lineout. If Whitelock is gone and no Barrett they’re looking at a Tuipolutu and Vaai combo.

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
WALLABIES (likely): 15. Tom Banks 14. Filipo Daugunu 13. Hunter Paisami 12. Matt To’omua 11. Marika Koroibete 10. James O’Connor 9. Nic White 8. Harry Wilson 7. Michael Hooper (captain) 6. *Ned Hanigan* 5. Matt Philip 4. Lukhan Salakaia-Loto 3. Taniela Tupou 2. Brandon Paenga-Amosa 1. James Slipper.

RESERVES: 16. Jordan Uelese 17. Scott Sio 18. Allan Ala'alatoa 19. Rob Simmons 20. Liam Wright 21. Jake Gordon 22. Reece Hodge 23. Jordan Petaia.

Cue meltdown

footy1>31

Ted Thorn (20)
Line-out throwing poor due to large part conditions, and they bring in BPA, amazing. Surely musn't been impressed with FF (Folau Fainga'a) work around the ground. Will be super interesting to see who Jordy and Hodge are brought on for. Keen for Hanigan to get another shot and leave Australian rugby for a year as the Bledisloe Cup winning 6.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Wasn’t BPA the worst of the throwers in SuperAu?

I thought Samu jumped well on the weekend but I assume they’re thinking if they’re just getting work rate out of Pete and not his wide carrying they may as well opt for Ned.

Not the selections I would have made but I’ll back Rennie and the team after last week’s performance.