• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe 2 at Eden Park 18/10/20

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
If he'd been set there on the line then certainly, he needs to stop Smith from that range.

The main problem there was how much ground the All Blacks had made from the previous carry through poor tackling by our backs. Our forwards were scrambling to get back to the line and were never in position.

O'Connor and To'omua made contact with Goodhue outside the 5m line but Goodhue made it within a metre of the try line before they completed the tackle. JOC (James O'Connor) ultimately fell off the tackle so it was left to To'omua to make the tackle.

I agree the forwards were struggling to get back to the play, but Ned was stable in position when Smith dove for the line.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Too true. Nic was on more than two or three occasions forced to enter defensive rucks to do the work of the missing backrowerrs. On another occasion he had to physically enter the ruck to retrieve the ball as it was about to be turned over by the ABs. Things that no other halfback in the Wallabies would consider doing. He was one of the stronger performers yesterday.

Tate is Thorn trained and has no problem if he needs to enter a ruck. He also is a solid defender.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Just watched Caleb Clarke’s post match interview. Geez, disliking him over his career is going to be hard, so damn humble.

Take solace in the fact he's not playing for the true Evil Empire in Christchurch.

Now we just need to stop them from poaching Michael Jones' boy.

Funny how the Kiwis have all shut up about Foster being a complete bed shitter.

My pitchfork is constantly locked, loaded, and ready to go. A latter-day minuteman, if you will.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Interesting Dan, thhat had Rennie been coaching the ABs perhaps Ardie, PT, and Mo'unga would have been dropped for Bledisloe 2 because their individual form in Bledisloe 1 was sub-par.

You make a very very good point BR, it is food for thought isn't it?

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Interesting Dan, thhat had Rennie been coaching the ABs perhaps Ardie, PT, and Mo'unga would have been dropped for Bledisloe 2 because their individual form in Bledisloe 1 was sub-par.
Maybe Rennie was playing around with some combinations rather than Samu and Valetini being outright dropped? If you’ve got 4 matches against NZ it makes sense to experiment in the game that you’re least likely to win anyway.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Shaw was a 6 and you forgot the actual GOAT Mark Loane!
I'd like to say "it was a deliberate mistake" but that would be pushing the boundaries too far.
To make up for my error I went to Wikipedia for a mandatory re-education program and amongst all of Loane's magnificent achievements I found this gem:

Loane once famously told a fellow Wallaby to get his act together, after the player turned up to a function drunk and poorly dressed, with the line "Mediocrity shits me".

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Take solace in the fact he's not playing for the true Evil Empire in Christchurch.

Now we just need to stop them from poaching Michael Jones' boy.

My pitchfork is constantly locked, loaded, and ready to go. A latter-day minuteman, if you will.

Can't wait to see him and Caleb lining up for the Blues :)

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
9D1E6873-6269-41B5-A1D0-4A7F2347355C.png

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Dad like that I reckon he'd be keeping it real.

Funny how the Kiwis have all shut up about Foster being a complete bed shitter.

Didn't realise he had been a shit, or is that just because he a kiwi?

But with Caleb, his Dad is such a lovely bloke, always has been. I hope the press stop the blowing to much wind up his arse , he has one test FFS, let him actually find his feet!

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Didn't realise he had been a shit, or is that just because he a kiwi?

Nothing to do with me, mate. But a lot of Kiwis on another rugby forum were panning him before the first Test, then it was pitchforks and torches at the team selection and result. They're still not convinced that he's the right bloke for the job despite the win.

EDIT: tho some of them can't really explain why :)

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
I'm happy to put my hand up as a Foster critic.

His first test selection was ultra-conservative and lacked balance and that was doubled-down by his lack of willingness to use the bench until very late.

I'll admit his second test selection was better (Coles starting, Clarke starting, ALB starting) and the game plan looked improved (using Goodhue and Clarke to be nice and direct off of set piece was simple and effective).

One Eden Park win doesn't mean he is the right man for the job though - just like on the other hand one rusty first test doesn't mean he isn't - time will tell on that front.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Years ago when Scorz was Chiefs media manager he said Fozzie had an actual little notebook that was just "What Wayne said". That being, Wayne Smith.

Blind Freddy on Mars can see Fozzie has done nothing to warrant his position apart from turning up to work for 3 months a year in AB test season, jotting down everything Wayne said, and trying to keep up with Hansen at the buffet table.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Years ago when Scorz was Chiefs media manager he said Fozzie had an actual little notebook that was just "What Wayne said". That being, Wayne Smith.

Blind Freddy on Mars can see Fozzie has done nothing to warrant his position apart from turning up to work for 3 months a year in AB test season, jotting down everything Wayne said, and trying to keep up with Hansen at the buffet table.

Blind Freddy maybe, but not our old mate Dan.