• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aussie Player Exodus

Sword of Justice

Bill McLean (32)
I can understand the draw of living in Treviso

View attachment 18196
He’s missing out.
IMG_3947.jpeg

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Josh Kemeny has signed with Northampton for 2 years from 2025:
He's going to be an absolute star over there. Kemeny is also fringe wallaby, what a loss.

Rebels are fucked either way, club folds or stays with no players.

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
If there’s one position group the rebels are stacked at… it’s the back row. While it suck’s to lose Kemeny. They won’t miss him unless they get in injury scenario and depth is tested…

Speaking of that I heard that Zac Hough tore his ACL in offseason, any truth? personally thought he was close to a Matchday 23 appearance… had a real good QPR season last year.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
If there’s one position group the rebels are stacked at… it’s the back row. While it suck’s to lose Kemeny. They won’t miss him unless they get in injury scenario and depth is tested…

Speaking of that I heard that Zac Hough tore his ACL in offseason, any truth? personally thought he was close to a Matchday 23 appearance… had a real good QPR season last year.
That's really disappointing to hear. Hough looked like an absolute star coming out of schools but hasn't been able to catch a break since.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)

You are assuming the Rebels continue to exist in 2025

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
This is why all these fucking retards calling for Aus to cut a team to improve the remaining franchises fortunes were dead wrong.

I'd say 90% of the good players from the Rebels immediately fly to Europe or Japan on their collapse (which is inevitable - sorry DC). I mean, why are any Aus players even still here? It's a farce at every level.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
So watched the KOKO podcast today, Mack Hanson was the guest, was asked what's the difference with Irish rugby compared to Aus that allowed him to breakout and become a star. The answer was pretty bloody simple, more opportunity because you play more games at club level.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
So watched the KOKO podcast today, Mack Hanson was the guest, was asked what's the difference with Irish rugby compared to Aus that allowed him to breakout and become a star. The answer was pretty bloody simple, more opportunity because you play more games at club level.
Been saying it forever the season is too short

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
Yep. Ireland man-of-the-match in the 6 nations after all of 10 club games in the country. Not sure it's the volume of club games that broke you through there Mack!

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Anyone coming off contract in 2024 is a big problem/opportunity

Mafi, Talakai, Eloff -- all should be priority targets for australian Super Rugby teams. Especially the props with so many foreigners being brought in.

Tualima in the 2nd row and Maiava in the backrow may be tougher to place, but Maiava is young and powerful and could just as easily be a Moana target. Wilkins finishing up also - wouldn't be surprised to see him leave.

Where would a Carter Gordon go!? Brumbies would be a strong chance. Lolesio is popular at Toulon and if he doesnt get a decent wallaby shot this year, may look to move himself anyway.

Kellaway already going back to the Tahs, so that leaves the Vaihu brothers. Are they better at home in QLD, or are the force eager for anyone who can player back 3!

Keep in mind this is just those finishing in 2024, so there negotiation position isn't great.