• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

John I Dent Cup - Canberra Competition -

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Canon76

Is their really?
None of the Whites boys have been pulled out so maybe no Whites players are involved? I wonder who this side is?

I am trying to find if this is correct, the brumbies website is terrible, but gates open at 1pm and the game is at 4pm, so I assume that that this game is before the force v brumbies game.

Empire

Syd Malcolm (24)
It is the ACT side - Reza Almasi has been selected in it (though, he'd have preferred to have played for Easts).

A lot of Uni-Norths players according to Rezzly, and a couple from Wests.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
I heard a lot of players did not want to play in this game and getting a team together was a bit of a nightmare

Empire

Syd Malcolm (24)
Yep. Stupid timing from the Brumbies - They really don't seem to give one iota about the John I Dent sometimes.

Rezza really didn't want to play, and as such has been stripped of the captaincy. We've already got enough injuries to contend with, and this doesn't help one bit.

Respect for the Brumbies keeps sinking and sinking at grassroots level... I think I'd be one of maybe (stretching it here) 5 guys at our club with a membership of some kind. 5 out of 100+ is pretty damning...

R

random477

Whites have lost Villi Iongi and Prop Leslie Makin for this week due to the game

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Team to play the NSW cockatoos

1. Les Makin (Queanbeyan)
2. Reza Almassi (Easts)
3. JP Pradaud (Uni-Norths)
4. Tom Murday (Vikings)
5. Matt Hirst (Queanbeyan)
6. Liam Winton (Gungahlin)
7. Josh Hitchens (Vikings)
8. Tim Donnellan (Gungahlin)
9. Tom Marshall (Uni-Norths)
10. Simon Uphill (Wests)
11. Vili Longi (Queanbeyan)
12. Matt Hawke (Gungahlin)
13. Junior Rosalea (Uni-Norths)
14. Pama Fou (Wests)
15. Yuji Ito (Easts)

16. Patricio Noriega (Gungahlin)
17. Tim Metcher (Gungahlin)
18. James Turner (Vikings)
19. Rutikha Ilolahia (Gungahlin)
20. Peter Raines (Wests)
21. Jake Holland (Queanbeyan)
22. Tom Ruediger (Wests)

C

Canon76

There is some interesting selections there, I would think that this was not the first XV that they selected and that players have dropped out, I would assume that if a player has dropped out then they would not be able to play for the club side this weekend.

FTS

Billy Sheehan (19)
Gunghalin just getting over Vikings in a great game at Vikings Park. Also, does anybody know where Ed Stubbs is playing this year?

C

CoachTB

Ed Stubs strongly rumoured to be with Easts (Sydney) - also apparently out for a a fair while with the injury he had last year.

So what were the results from saturday?

R

raginglion

Home Team v Away Team
Tuggeranong 34 v Gungahlin 41
Queanbeyan 37 v Royals 19
Easts 25 v Wests 58
Uni-Norths 5 v Victoria 62

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
Gunghalin just getting over Vikings in a great game at Vikings Park. Also, does anybody know where Ed Stubbs is playing this year?

He's had a long run of shoulder injuries and dislocations, the latest a couple of months ago in his comeback game for the runners. Don't expect anything from him this year, for his sake anyway,

M

MATEMAATONGA

anyone from whites camp kno if vili iongi will take up the offer to play for tonga at the churchill cup in june

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Good to see the Vics getting a run around as the 'bye' team. Brumbies Rugby need to keep this relationship strong now that the Rebels are around.

C

Cando

Team list, then how the game unfolded and then result would be bloody fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.