• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

John I Dent Cup - Canberra Competition -

Status
Not open for further replies.

angrydog

Jimmy Flynn (14)
As the format of the competition is changing (dropping of 3rd and 4th grade teams and playing country teams), perhaps that's why it's slow coming, as they can't simply cut and paste.

Knowing the Brumbies, it'll probably be quite late coming!
Whats this all about? dropping 3rd and 4th grade teams and playing country teams? Can you explain further for the ignorant like myself.

Empire

Syd Malcolm (24)
Sorry poorly worded: 3rds and 4th grade teams from premier division clubs will no longer play against country teams, but will instead play the same club as the top grades.

Clubs like my own found that many players weren't overly interested in the travel, or the inability to back up for 2nd grade and perhaps push for selection. It will allow all to hopefully stick back and watch 1st grade play...

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Doubt it. Some clubs have only just started preseason last week, let along registered all their 2012 players to have the numbers to work out the number of teams and the draw.

Probably not the fucking Brumbies fault there. The season doesn't start for another 8 or so weeks doesn't it?

I reckon the clubs would want to know who they are playing when and where well in advance of the season kick off so all the Level III Coaches can set out their 2012 periodic plans...

Pre-Season started last week, far out! Clubs in SIRU have been training longer than that!!

As the format of the competition is changing (dropping of 3rd and 4th premier grade teams playing country teams), perhaps that's why it's slow coming, as they can't simply cut and paste.

Knowing the Brumbies, it'll probably be quite late coming!

No dramas. I didn't realise the competition structure was changing so much.

Surely there is a bureaucrat squirreled away somewhere with a copy of the draw?

I would have thought Premier Division is pretty straight forward, punch the numbers into a spreadhseet and tell the clubs when they are playing 1st Grade, 2nd Grade, Colts.

Empire

Syd Malcolm (24)
You would thinkso, but remember - 'ACT Time' dictates that nothing seems to be done in a timely fashion.

humanbeast

Ted Fahey (11)
Yes, agreed on all counts. Eddies have cleaned up their act thank god which can only be good for the junior rugby as a whole. As for Vikings, they dont care who they tread on and I only hope that their schute shield dreams remain that. Poor old Royals are struggling their backsides off and I bet Vikings would not give them a penny, why? Because it may mean Royals may become even more attractive to one of Tuggeranongs great player pools, Marist. Tuggies would not risk the chance of losing the young guys from Marist in the event that it made Royals a force again and came back to bite the in the backside one day.

Why would one club give another club money? that's just stupid

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
And Marist has generally been a great player pool for the Vikings because *gasp* quite a few of these kids come from Tuggeranong originally...

Reactions: FTS

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yep. *gasp* and then they went to Marist and became footballers...

Nah, generally they were Vikings juniors and then went to Marist for high school or college...

It's one of the reasons Vikings usually have 2 - 3 teams in the younger levels and then that gets widdled down to 1 between ages 13 - 18.

But it just goes back to representing the most populated area in the ACT.

FTS

Billy Sheehan (19)
Anybody know how Royals went today against Central West? Any other trials coming up for any clubs?

BrumbiesPolynesian

Fred Wood (13)
So does anyone have player movements from clubs? Apparently Royals fullback Ben Johnson who impressed for the ACT XV may be leaving, potentially to chase a rugby career? Anyone feel free to correct me. Vikings flyhalf Shaun McCarthey I believe has retired and has been replaced by Robbie Kydd.

Few Players look to be leaving Royals, Scott Patterson (Halfback) has signed with Auckland ITM Cup, Ben Johnson looks to be heading to NZ to Southland alongside Tim Cornforth as well as Jason Swain. Not sure of any other player movements from other clubs though

Status
Not open for further replies.