• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swarley

Bob Loudon (25)
fair enough, but you have to admire the lads courage and the fact that no matter what they will love the game

When BGS were getting flogged week-in, week-out in 2008-2009, people weren't saying 'it's ok because they love the game', they were criticising them without hesitation. Don't be hypocritical.

Terradome

Peter Burge (5)
When BGS were getting flogged week-in, week-out in 2008-2009, people weren't saying 'it's ok because they love the game', they were criticising them without hesitation. Don't be hypocritical.

i am not hypocritical, i never once criticized BGS seeing as that they are a team who have showed GT good competition over the years, and thus it is always a highly anticipated game for both schools. In fact, if anything i would praise BGS for showing fight like they have done so and ultimately it is paying off for them, which will in due time, happen over at Terrace. So next time don't be so quick to judge Swarley...

T

Thomas

terrace play with heart, and passion.... how can you criticize a team who plays their hardest and are passionate about what they do no matter the end score?

I'm not criticizing them I'm just saying when a team loses by 73 points there's not 2 sides to it they got flogged no matter how you looked at it

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
At the end of the day the real winner was rugby, with great efforts from all involved - a highlight in anyone involved with the two 'joeys' rugby calender.

When you resort to statements like this, you're doing the boys a disservice. Who the hell enjoys losing?

Obviously the Brothers have gone soft on the school over the past couple of years!

W

Watcher

There should be a lot of soul searching at TSS. Their season is over after just 3 games. The legacy left behind by Matty Taylor has truly left the school and you would have to wonder where from from here.

A

alc14

ipswich vs towoomba
both teams couldnt hold onto the ball early and the ref loved the sound of his voice but as ipswich scored first points the game was over. TGS good in defence but lacked attack and ipswichs forwards overpowered them in scrums and lineouts. injury blow for matt gordon though badly dislocated shoulder out for nudgee game next weekend, big blow for them. Ipswichs 15 played great and couldnt be stopped along with 2 ,13,9
IGS 41 TGS 0

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Sad day for terrace rugby. Scholarship debate aside, the rugby program is not what it should be and the cattle just isnt there at the moment.

R

rumnugget

Ah a fatal floor in your argument - where did he say in that quote, that you chose to base your argument around, that the team enjoyed losing?

Secondly, what on earth would the Brothers have to do with enjoyment levels of rugby...????

Seriously think about things before you rubbish someone, and their point of view...

'mate', when you've got a competition like we do now, i think the focus has shifted a bit away from the enjoyment of the players, and more towards the enjoyment of the spectators.

W

williams

The sad part about the Terrace game is that Terrace called uncontested scrums after half time. What would the score be if it was a real game ?

Terradome

Peter Burge (5)
yeah no it is my bad for miswording what i said i agree with ignoto in that no it isnot fun losing espeacially by a huge margin the traditional rival weekend clash... i was trying to say that despite everyone saying how bad the terrace firsts were the day was still good for rugby across the age groups and that the historic significance of the day makes it overall a good atmosphere ect ect...

sorry to cause all that confusion

H

hatman

The sad part about the Terrace game is that Terrace called uncontested scrums after half time. What would the score be if it was a real game ?
I think the sad thing was the blowout in the score & the lack of depth in GT. The reason for uncontested scrums was GT lost a prop & at one point the other prop was out of action. GT also used about 6 replacements thru injury. The finishing fullback was the 3rds half. NC too big, too strong and too talented. Tuttle a standout with Brittain directing traffic. However, it will be interesting to see how many NC backs make the state sides - NC attack to the left because boys have trouble passing the other way. The state selectors will note this.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Ah a fatal floor in your argument - where did he say in that quote, that you chose to base your argument around, that the team enjoyed losing?

I didn't say the team enjoyed losing, what I said, is when you say statements like those to the boys, you do nothing for them.

I've seen it firsthand with the School and their parents saying these types of things to their kids and it does nothing to motivate the kids and they develop this idea around training that its not worth the time and effort, but as long as we try.

Is it that hard to say, we did not perform well, we let ourselves down in xyz during the game, so we now have something to work towards?

Seriously think about things before you rubbish someone, and their point of view...

Whilst you may not agree with it, perhaps you should re-read over the last couple pages in this thread by the Terrace Supporters. They've come in here shouting so much dribble about Terrace being contenders this year (contrary to results and other posters) and then resort to silly statements like that.

I reckon BBC will be a tough match for BGS. They have shown a lot of heart and good teamwork for a side thats only really got one or two "impact" players. BGS are also missing Levi Aumua at 8 due to a red card against ippy. Regardless, still think BGS should get up in the end, even if its only off Sam Greene's boot. BGS by 6

Status
Not open for further replies.