• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Reds are looking at a new prop for 2012, eyes are on a player or two in the QLD premier grade

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Just listening to the GAGR podcast with the Fainga'a boys. Injury Updates: Robinson 3 weeks, they said surgery went very well and is back sooner then expected. Michael Harris and Rod 'Rocket' Davies likely to be available for selection next week. Peter Hynes....NO ONE HAS ANY IDEA WHATSOEVER

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I thought they implied he's (Hynes) fit but just not getting selected, ie. unwanted. Didn't they say he's running around?

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Just listening to the GAGR podcast with the Fainga'a boys. Injury Updates: Robinson 3 weeks, they said surgery went very well and is back sooner then expected. Michael Harris and Rod 'Rocket' Davies likely to be available for selection next week. Peter Hynes....NO ONE HAS ANY IDEA WHATSOEVER

tl12: I was at the Reds' Business Breakfast today (btw, 500+ business people, totally sold out, RD and Link there and interviewed on stage, plus Kev, Gits, Rocky, Saia F) and Peter Hynes' brother (whose legal firm sponsored the event) joked to the audience that P Hynes wanted all, and especially RD, to know that his knee was right now and that he was pretty much ready to go.

(It was an excellent event, great atmosphere, Brisbane business community getting massively behind the QRU and Reds. And the comments from Robbie and Link were informative, sincere, and telling.)

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I'm abit late into this forum, but with the exception of Robinson. What would be your ideal Reds team for the final series? Particularly backline

M

Maroon Army

1. Daley
2. Fainga'a
3. Slipper
4. Simmons
5. Horwill
6. Higgers
7. Robinson
8. Samo
9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. Ioane
12. Harris (goal kicker)
13. Fainga'a
14. Davies
15. Lucas

16. Hanson
17. Holmes
18. Wallace-Harrison
19. Gill
20. Shatz
21. Tapuai
22. Morahan

T

tranquility

1. Daley
2. Fainga'a
3. Slipper
4. Simmons
5. Horwill
6. Higgers
7. Robinson
8. Samo
9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. Ioane
12. Harris (goal kicker)
13. Fainga'a
14. Davies
15. Lucas

16. Hanson
17. Holmes
18. Wallace-Harrison
19. Gill
20. Shatz
21. Tapuai
22. Morahan

I reckon Morahan as more than earned his spot either at wing or at the back. Other than that, it looks pretty good. I think Lucas is a real shot for that third halfback / utility role at the WC.

H

hurge

What's everyones view on Ben Tapuai at the moment? I believe he has filled the shoes of 12 quite nicely, and his defense is a massive plus, especially once finals hit? Then again, Harris' kicking is very good. So I think will be a close battle for 12.

M

Maroon Army

Tapuai hasn't done anything wrong in the 12 jersey, however we need a goal kicker and we don't loose anything with Harris at 12.

:edit: I realise Harris won't be our number goal kicker and I should have said that Harris has been very solid at inside center.

T

TheTruth

Taps is great particularly with low tackles - Harris however has that goal kicking potential if QC (Quade Cooper) gets hit by a big bus

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
The Reds have won the Australian conference and are into the finals for the first time since 2001.

Well done to the players & staff on a great season so far. Go the Reds!!!

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
We do need a kicker, cooper 7 from a couple of week ago but terrible against the crusaders. granted he got the one the counted but we should have been ahead by i think at least 10.

Harris has kicked well in what we have seen, but cooper he needs to lose that arm swing from the upper body to get rid of that swing in the ball.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
The Reds have won the Australian conference and are into the finals for the first time since 2001.

Well done to the players & staff on a great season so far. Go the Reds!!!

Agree,
I watch at least 1 training session a week, and ballymore is alive. The team and get on so well and are having fun on and off the field.. Reds will win this year and again next year, 2012 will be awesome and the REDS will be the team to beat

Status
Not open for further replies.