• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Yeah true, Toua - so 35 that got on the field during the regular season, plus the 2 squad members that didn't (other than in the trials) and you've got 37 players used during the campaign.

So the Reds 2011 Super Rugby Champions were:

James Horwill (Captain), Albert Anae, Will Chambers, Quade Cooper, Ben Coridas, Ben Daley, Rod Davies, Anthony Fainga'a, Saia Fainga'a, Will Genia, Liam Gill, James Hanson, Michael Harris, Scott Higginbotham, Greg Holmes, Leroy Houston, Van Humphries, Peter Hynes, Digby Ioane, Jono Lance, Ben Lucas, Luke Morahan , Dallan Murphy, Ian Prior, Ed Quirk, Caleb Ralph, Beau Robinson, Jake Schatz, Guy Shepherdson, Dom Shipperley, Rob Simmons, Kimami Sitauti, James Slipper, Ben Tapaui, Lei Tomiki, Aidan Toua, Adam Wallace-Harrison

What a great season, beating the Stormers and Bulls in consecutive weeks and then twice knocking over the Blues & Crusaders in consecutive matches.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
am i correct in calculating that the reds used 34 players throughout this 2011 championship season? And that they were:

James horwill (captain), albert anae, will chambers, quade cooper, ben coridas, ben daley, rod davies, anthony Fainga'a, saia Fainga'a, will genia, liam gill, james hanson, michael harris, scott higginbotham, greg holmes, leroy houston, van humphries, peter hynes, digby ioane, jono lance, ben lucas, luke morahan , dallan murphy, ian prior, ed quirk, caleb ralph, beau robinson, jake schatz, guy shepherdson, dom shipperley, rob simmons, james slipper, ben tapaui, adam wallace-harrison

and that the only members of the full squad who did not get any game time were lei tomiki and kimami sitauti?

radike samo!

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Again true - really got to check that list more carefully... So should be the 32 Full Squad members + 5 from the Academy list, plus Caleb Ralph? Any further advances?

R

Red Rooster

Kimami sat on the bench v Canes but was not used but was still a match 22 member

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Just jumped on the Reds website for the first time since the final and boy it's nice to see the WE ARE CHAMPIONS on the front page.

Real reason for the post though is that I just noticed voting is open for the Peoples Choice player of the Year. Voting closes Aug 12 and you get a 3-2-1 vote for your top 3 players of the year. I went QC (Quade Cooper), Horwill and Genia in that order.

T

TOCC

i have a reluctance to vote for a back in any form of voting.. except for the halfback

Status
Not open for further replies.