• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Tri Nations Game 6 - Wallabies vs All Blacks - Saturday 27 August 2011 - 3N2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

undercoverkiwi

Am I right in saying that NZ would have won 3N if they had scored an unconverted try before the siren because of for and against? I was thinking that at the end but no commentator mentioned it; so I thought I must have been wrong.

I hate to sound bitter (cause fair play to the Wallabies, who were superb today), but if NZ could also have won the 3N if we'ds sent our A team to South Africa last week.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I hate to sound bitter (cause fair play to the Wallabies, who were superb today), but if NZ could also have won the 3N if we'ds sent our A team to South Africa last week.

No guarantees on that. All your key players would have had to travel and get bashed up last week. Last night's game was physically immense and had McCaw and friends played last week fatigue would have been more of a factor.

Incidentally, I don't think anyone has mentioned it yet but McCaw had a great game for NZ last night, he was physically very imposing deep into the second half. He has got a real V8 motor that bloke.

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Two things I have enjoyed on reading this thread this morning is the absence of negativity in the comments (except for the very few) and the absence of the Robbie Deans haters who bombarded previous threads about how unsuccessful he is and how he had won nothing and how he would send OZ rugby back to the dark ages when his contract was extended. Methinks he is the right man for the job and has improved OZ rugby since his time there

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
• The Samo try will still be shown a hundred years from now with other favourites such as the Horan try, also against the Blacks, at the 1991 RWC. His rugby story will form a small part of Wallaby history too, and if we bring Bill back – it will be part of a legend.

The fend, then the run...

gal-land-Tri-Nations-9-600x400.jpg

Kefu's try near the posts to win just before the bell is another legendary favourite!

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
It wasn't a different ref, it wasn't a different stadium, and it was the team that Henry selected. It was what it was and we won. End of story.

But it will be in 6 weeks. I think the wallabies are in with a real chance no doubt, but they need to keep improving.

I dont mean to be overly negative, but we have a habit of getting too far ahead of ourselves and then going into a state of breakdown after we lose.

Reido

Sydney Middleton (9)
Am I right in saying that NZ would have won 3N if they had scored an unconverted try before the siren because of for and against? I was thinking that at the end but no commentator mentioned it; so I thought I must have been wrong.
It would have gone to the all blacks as they would have had a better win/loss ratio against us this tournament(they won the Eden Park test). If it was a normal 3N season & it was tied at 1 game a piece it then would have gone to points difference. If that was tied then it goes to amount of tries scored. And if that was tied they would share the trophy. I believe that's the order and I don't think I left any out, but it's quite possible.....

Beefcake

Bill Watson (15)
What is most glaring is the WBs need a near perfect game, with everything working well, forwards being dominant and going forward and the backs running strong hard lines with adventure like in the first half and the ABs to be off their game to win but also to win well. This hasn't happen for a while. This WBs team is an enigma, for so long we've waited so long to see an accomplished performance and overjoyed it has now come but how long will it be till the encore?

As for the ABs, you snooze you lose...

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
I didn't see Cory Jane at all this match, not much from any of their outside backs actually.

Likewise with the Wobs Fainga'a, Digby and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) didn't get a huge amount of ball compared to usual.

I guess it could have been Weepu but Carter seemed to have very little time on the ball tonight, he's usually very composed however he looked rushed today at times which only the Boks have managed in recent years.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Is it just me or does Carter not run at full pace any more. He didn't turn and chase in the Samo or Beale tries.

Toddy

Chris McKivat (8)
I didn't see Cory Jane at all this match, not much from any of their outside backs actually.

Likewise with the Wobs Fainga'a, Digby and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) didn't get a huge amount of ball compared to usual.

I guess it could have been Weepu but Carter seemed to have very little time on the ball tonight, he's usually very composed however he looked rushed today at times which only the Boks have managed in recent years.

How could you not have noticed Guildford?! He was the guy in the number 11 black jersey that kept passing the ball back to the guys in gold. :)

Garryowen

Larry Dwyer (12)
Not A fan of playing Ant and McCabe in the same side, but watching the replay, it appears to me that Ant was immense in the tackle and at the breakdown. He was like a backrower out there. As was AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper).

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
How could you not have noticed Guildford?! He was the guy in the number 11 black jersey that kept passing the ball back to the guys in gold. :)

How could I forget the ever elusive Zac Guildford and his feeble catching attempts :)

Mils just kicked it away, CJ don't even remember him, Conrad didnt get the ball much but scored a nice try, Toeava didn't do a whole lot either.

Also Carter's loping gait helps him break the line at times but him jogging back doesn't really help the defence much

L

Lachlan

Last year I picked Wallabies to win WC and they seem to be tracking nicely towards an epic final with the AB's.
Hopefully then the AB's can make up for getting well and truley thumped last night! That first half had me cringing.
Despite his talents, Cooper's brain fade show's how much of a petulent twat he can be. I'm surprised I haven't seen more discussion on Gitteau (sp?). He might have had an indifferent super season but most of us Kiwi's can't understand why he's not the squad. What's up there?
As for Genia....... The world's best halfback by a country mile.

We'll play Giteau at 10 if you guys promise to play Steven Donald. Deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.