• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Bulls Rnd 5 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I am quite looking forward to see how Murphy goes at 10, I am of the opinion that some of these young boys play pretty well on higher stage when they have to start without experienced back up, that comes on if they stuff up, kind od saying to them it's all yours there is noone to replace you. I think finding a 10 that will set Reds backline going is the most important thing for Reds right now. Seems they are missing QC (Quade Cooper) more than I thought they would, think he a much bigger loss to Reds game than Digby. I would like to say I am saying this as a neutral, but support Reds if not against one of my NZ teams

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
They sure aint as biased as yourself and some of the plastic arrogant Reds supporters in this Aussie house.
Gosh...and I was just about to crack open the beers out on the patio to our cheerful crowd here.Guess you won't be coming PB.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
... I think finding a 10 that will set Reds backline going is the most important thing for Reds right now. Seems they are missing QC (Quade Cooper) more than I thought they would, think he a much bigger loss to Reds game than Digby....

Agreed. As we eased into the Shorks game it looked like they would finally find some stability through 10 with Lucas, after Link gave Harris a generous look at 10. Now they start again. Exciting to see Murphy though.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Very rich coming from you Paarl
Boet I stand by the Reds supporters and posters on here on their darkest of days, trying my best to keep them positive. A lot have happened since then. The good old Reds supporters (except Skotman) can vouch me on this. Winning is a bitch in sport.

L

Lachlan

I took them for a 1 point win at $31.00, reasoning that If they're winning this it's gonna be an absolute shit fight and will probably be decided in the last 2 minutes.
Come on boys! ;)

Scotty

David Codey (61)
The way lee posted the side it appears taps and lance have swapped positions, is that correct?

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Expect Taps to have a blinder in this one. I hope Murphy goes well also.

I like the look of the pack. Holmes has been playing the house down, and our loosies are looking really good. I'm not too concerned about rotating Slipper onto the bench, as Link will no doubt give him substantial game time.

The Bulls have been reasonably impressive so far. I would hope that the Reds don't kick too often to the back 3. Zirchner seems to be coming into some form, and Basson will punish if given open space.

The boys need to keep up the discipline they have showed recently. I think we are up to the task, but god is it going to be tough.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
I think PB may of thought this meant you were backing the Reds to win by 17.5pts.
Ja sorry Boet LB, I have no clue with the gambling stuff.

Expect a big game from Johann Sadie on saturday.

Sport24
Bulls banking on Sadie

2012-03-22 19:44
Email | Print

a8a5b19b080c4ba9b319ce161ff3b2e6.jpg

Johann Sadie (File)
Brenden Nel - SuperSport

Pretoria - Bulls coach Frans Ludeke expects his midfielder Johann Sadie to take a massive step up this weekend and show his potential for his side.
Sadie didn’t last long in his only outing for the Pretoria side in this year’s Super Rugby series, playing just 15 minutes against the Sharks before going off with a shoulder injury.
And while he makes his long-awaited return on Saturday against the defending champion Reds, there is some rising expectation as to what he can bring to the Bulls backline this weekend.
This expectation jumped a few notches after coach Ludeke indicated he believed this weekend’s match would be won in the midfield.
“Everything happens in the midfield,” Ludeke said, “and if you control it, you control the game. If your midfield combination can defend under pressure and get you over the advantage line, then the whole team does well. It is these basic things that we look for.
“We are a team that plays an effective, basic game plan and we look to build momentum before we do anything fancy, we know the rewards will come later and that’s what we look for in the combination.”
Much is expected from Sadie on the field this season and it is widely accepted that he will be a Bok contender if he fulfils his potential.
“We back our structures and Johann is a good player who has special skills and can see a gap in the opposition with ease. We saw this with him as a junior and at the Stormers. He defends well and he knows how to finish off a move, and finds gaps easily. Those are traits we look for in any player.”
Ludeke said even though the Reds had injuries, he was still wary of the threat they posed as defending Super Rugby champions.
“They’re the Super Rugby champions and we respect that. We know how it feels when teams come for you. They played well this season and last week was a close contest,” he added.
“They play a lot like the South African sides, they have a very direct style and are good at the breakdown. We are aware of their strengths but we also need the result on the weekend. We will want to put points on the board as quickly as possible and look to bolt from there.”

Status
Not open for further replies.