• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Mighty Two Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Well, there's an unusual expression!

But, fair call - Manly have been setting high standards throughout their grade and colts teams for a few seasons now and I would love for Parra to consistently match those standards. Maybe then we'll get to eat the bacon!

By a rugby club and not a university - proof that hard work pays off.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
What part of the Manly village culture does Shaun Treweek come from?

Fair point, and a good write up on that in Tuesdays Manly daily, he came, he liked, he joined - worth a read. People seem to like coming across, enjoy, and stay - I made the trip late 90's and didn't go back. Parra thread this one - cheers.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
I like your quaint uncomplicated view of the world Dave.
If only life was really that simple.

It is though - Family, Hard work, (Fishing / Rugby - depending on season) - all very very uncomplicated. Then there is f?ing politics and lets leave that for the East.

Done that, come on cross that bridge and find out what it's all about.

FTS

Billy Sheehan (19)
Can someone tell me what has happened to Trent Hoscher the young hooker from down Canberra way that had been playing shute sheild with Parra?

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
Can someone tell me what has happened to Trent Hoscher the young hooker from down Canberra way that had been playing shute sheild with Parra?
Trent was actually from Inverell and returned home at the end of 2012 to help on the family property. I believe he's playing for the Inverell Highlanders.

Reactions: FTS

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Update on Dan Yakopo - MRI reveals major, season ending knee damage - ACL and medial ligaments ruptured. His medial tore off the bone apparently. He also has quite significant cartilage damage. Tragic.

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
Update on Dan Yakopo - MRI reveals major, season ending knee damage - ACL and medial ligaments ruptured. His medial tore off the bone apparently. He also has quite significant cartilage damage. Tragic.
That is desperately sad news for Dan and for the Two Blues. Dan is a great player (former Aus 7's) and a great club man. We wish him a speedy recovery and offer support to his wife and young child.

Bomber Harris

Chris McKivat (8)
Just dropped into the thread - was at the game and noted subsequent updates including praise for Maile's support . Not good at all . Speedy recovery as possible Dan

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
The Two Blues are auctioning the special orange jerseys worn in the match against Manly to mark Harmony Day. Details here. All proceeds to be ploughed into Parra's Kick Racism Into Touch program. As Thommo noted in his match report, they do look great!
Update on the Harmony Day Jersey auction - 15 of the 23 jerseys have received bids. Closing date 9 May 2014. Still a chance to own a piece of Two Blues history.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Thommo's match report for Parra's loss against Norths has been posted on the Parra website.

And a further update on the Harmony Day jersey auction - 20 of the 23 jerseys have now attracted bids.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Harmony Day Jersey Auction update - 21 of the 23 jerseys have received bids so far, helping to fund Parra's Kick Racism Into Touch program.

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
I received an email re the Anzac Day clash against the stags on Friday. As the tahs are away, I think I'll rally the troops and try to get a posse along. (Not pussy).

Tahs on at 3.30 right?

Why were games not planned for a bit earlier so we could watch the SS games then head to club house or similar to watch the Tahs?

Whats best option to try and catch end of game on Friday - Norths or Gordon?

Gibbo

Ron Walden (29)
@GunnerDownUnder - we are planning a big day at Chatswood with plenty happening throughout the day. With Grade and Colt from gordon and Parramatta involved everyone is welcome to join in.
We'll be heading to The Willoughby post match to continue so that might be your best bet!

B

BellyTwoBlues

A couple of our players achieve some milestones on Friday in the Anzac Day clash against Gordon.

Tom Woods will be playing his 100th grade game for the club and in a remarkable achievement, Andrew Cox will captain 1st grade for the 100th time. It is Coxy's 120th 1st grade game in total. Coxy is only the second player in the history of the club to captain the 1st XV in 100 games or more. The otherr player - Alan Minett captained us in the 60s and 70s 151 times in 1st grade. Both awesome achievements.

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
Interesting tidbits from the Parra club today. Andrew Cox became only the second player in 135 years to captain 100 first grade games, Tom Woods played his hundredth first grade game and Peter Brush and Aaron Blacklock made their first grade debuts. Brush, Blacklock and his older brother and loosehead prop Nick, were all Benildus House Captains over 3 consecutive years and Oakhill College First XV players.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-AK (Andrew Kellaway)-prn1/t1.0-9/s526x395/1926945_10152776873850299_2065778444330482914_n.jpg
Aaron Blacklock, Peter Brush, Nick Blacklock

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
Interesting tidbits from the Parra club today. Andrew Cox became only the second player in 135 years to captain 100 first grade games, Tom Woods played his hundredth first grade game and Peter Brush and Aaron Blacklock made their first grade debuts. Brush, Blacklock and his older brother and loosehead prop Nick, were all Benildus House Captains over 3 consecutive years and Oakhill College First XV players.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-AK (Andrew Kellaway)-prn1/t1.0-9/s526x395/1926945_10152776873850299_2065778444330482914_n.jpg
Aaron Blacklock, Peter Brush, Nick Blacklock

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
And another colt, a young prop whose name I'll have to check, also made his first grade debut. Add Maile Latukefu getting a run in firsts as part of his comeback from long term injury and we appear to on the up, depth-wise.

I would point out, however, that Benildus was never much of a threat in the good old days!

Status
Not open for further replies.