• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Brumbies, SFS Saturday 26 July

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Ah well, you might still hear me. If you're lucky.

Or if I get some of the crowd to actually fire up, you'll hear the results. Any opposition lineouts that get near my end of the park are going to cop an absolute sonic hammering.

i will be watching from an un-numbered seat at The Office bar, Bangkok. you may, if you listen carefully, hear others and myself screaming for the Tahs.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Yes and no.

We got a season best crowd at Allianz in the last game there against the Highlanders of 24,500. To achieve a sellout for the semi final we need to find another 20,000 people. That's a huge increase.

I reckon not getting 35k would be disappointing.

If we reach 40k it will be amazing.

The atmosphere will be fantastic with anything over 35k though.

These numbers are quite realistic. So... is it IMPOSSIBLE to imagine a final match in ANZ Stadium with 80k?

ShtinaTina

Alex Ross (28)
Via Georgina Robinson @ smh.

"After a week in which the minor premiers' biggest names were linked to moves to rugby league, the Waratahs confirmed late on Thursday that more than half of the 43,500 seats at Allianz Stadium had been sold just a day after tickets went on general sale.

Less than 20,000 remained more than nine days out from the match. Club officials are hoping to sell out as early as this weekend."

http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-union/uni...as-he-prepares-for-finals-20140717-zu2bq.html

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Is there a specific allocation reserved for visiting fans in this case? Given we don't know who the opposition is until Sunday morning, can that even be done?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
These numbers are quite realistic. So. is it IMPOSSIBLE to imagine a final match in ANZ Stadium with 80k?

Nothing is impossible, but we still have to win this weekend to put ANZ into the frame.

I'll be going, but you'll lose a few of the wankerati if another 80cm of snow falls in the high country.

Should it come to pass that we host the final, I'd like to see at least 56,000 there so we can hold the record for Super Rugby attendance in addition to the other records we've got in the franchise. Plus it would be a massive shot in the arm for NSW rugby, and benefit all levels of the game in this country.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Via Georgina Robinson @ smh.

"After a week in which the minor premiers' biggest names were linked to moves to rugby league, the Waratahs confirmed late on Thursday that more than half of the 43,500 seats at Allianz Stadium had been sold just a day after tickets went on general sale.

Less than 20,000 remained more than nine days out from the match. Club officials are hoping to sell out as early as this weekend."

Whilst this is fantastic and I love the optimism I'm not sure I'd be nearly as confident as they are.

You've got to think that at this stage the majority of people who have bought tickets are people who have been coming all season.

Clearly there will be a substantial bump in sales on Sunday/Monday from opposition fans when they know their team is playing in this match but how many Tahs fans are sitting back waiting to buy tickets depending on who is playing?

There is a reason why tickets sold so well in the member presales and the first hour or two of the general public sale. The keen Tahs fans are really excited as you'd expect them to be.

The difficulty now is finding that extra 10-15k people who haven't attended for a few seasons.

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
You would have to imagine that once our opponents are confirmed post Saturday night, there’ll be a surge of ticket sales.
There’s a lot of Sydney based Brumbies supporters, plus the ones that will travel.
I would also imagine most the Sydney based Kiwis will support the Chiefs so we could see plenty of Kiwis loading up on tickets.
Either way, it will come close to a sell out.
The story is a bit strange as the SFS holds 44000 seats.
If the Tahs have sold 25000, and the stadium member section holds 10,000, then there are probably no more than 9000 tickets available to be purchased.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Don't Gold members need to reserve a seat for events that can possibly sell out or risk missing out?

Does anyone know how many seats in that area?

If the Tahs have actually sold 25k tickets and that doesn't include any Stadium members that is huge. I doubt that is the case though.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
I think it will sell out. And I think so long as they don't put a premium on the ticket prices that the final would sell out too if it's against the Crusaders. Price 30k tickets at $20 and I think they'd sell them.

If the final is against the Sharks it would be a smaller crowd.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
If after watching this video, Tahs doesn't get a sold-out stadium, I don't understand anything about life.

C'mon lads!

Between Waughs comments and the expensive video, they're definitely goners now.
;)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
There goes the dream of an all Aussie final.

Highlanders give it a red hot go but fall short against the Shorks, so it will be Tahs vs Ponies next week, with the winner to face the Crusaders.

Status
Not open for further replies.