• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Brumbies, SFS Saturday 26 July

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Lindo said Row L? Which would have been in front of us. Or I was hearing things.

Didn't you see the lone man in Tahs cap and jersey with dark sleves standing up and giving shit to people? Seat 20

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The lady who sits in front of me thanked me for my passionate cheering at the end of the match.

I need to rest up this week. I've gone from a whisper yesterday to sounding a bit like Darren Lockyer today.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Yeah my voice was alright yesterday up until I went for a run in the cool evening air. Trying not to talk to anyone today!

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
The lady who sits in front of me thanked me for my passionate cheering at the end of the match.

I need to rest up this week. I've gone from a whisper yesterday to sounding a bit like Darren Lockyer today.

Usually I'm hoarse by half time but on Saturday I cheered twice as hard as ever before and I still had a croak left at full time. So, that's a solution to the voice problem - just cheer louder! :)

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Lindo said Row L? Which would have been in front of us. Or I was hearing things.

Didn't you see the lone man in Tahs cap and jersey with dark sleves standing up and giving shit to people? Seat 20

AA, pretty sure I posted that on the thread. Ah well I'll keep you update with my whereabouts this week, unless your putting the boots on for Rouse Hill in which case we can get the session started after the 3rd grade on Saturday.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
And I must say "Pork month" was a very, very nice way to calm the pre game jitters

Slow roasted suckling pig, red cabbage salad, mustard fruits, pistachio and few glasses of Chianti was pretty bloody good

now this week you have to back it up by doing a full rack of pork ribs and a 1KG steak at Homebush

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
In the car on the way home on saturday night I realised I had given myself a blood blister from cheering. Evidently a bit of skin was caught between my palm and wedding ring as I beat the shit out of the steel beam above me and column in front of me during the game.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
AA, pretty sure I posted that on the thread. Ah well I'll keep you update with my whereabouts this week, unless your putting the boots on for Rouse Hill in which case we can get the session started after the 3rd grade on Saturday.

Fuck that. I'm too old.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
General play was just fucking furious. Peyper gave no fucks for the offiside line, but here is the biggest issue the Tahs had: Phipps.

Phipps wasn't perfect by any means but he's a big match player. He would have got my vote for the man of the match, especially for his defensive efforts. (Who was the MOTM?)

Peyper was poor. I was listening to the radio at the ground and Ross Reynolds was scathing about the stuff he missed for both sides compared to some nit-picky stuff he saw. Not that I needed too much help in forming my own opinion.

He has no gravitas and thus is a poor handler of elite players at scrum time. Joubert sorts them out in less time than it takes Jaco.

Brumbies' fans must have been disappointed in their boys. Despite the hype of being experienced in such games they couldn't take the chances offered. Much of that was due to the excellent Tahs' defence, but some of it was unforced ineptitude.

One good thing to come out of the game for Aus rugby was the physicality of both sets of forwards: it augurs well for the Wallabies' matches coming up.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Phipps wasn't perfect by any means but he's a big match player. He would have got my vote for the man of the match, especially for his defensive efforts. (Who was the MOTM?)

I'm pretty sure Hooper was announced as MOTM at the ground.

Phipps won the players' player award.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Brumbies' fans must have been disappointed in their boys. Despite the hype of being experienced in such games they couldn't take the chances offered. Much of that was due to the excellent Tahs' defence, but some of it was unforced ineptitude.

Disappointed in Mogg and Coleman. They just lacked the pyshicality needed for that game. Otherwise pretty proud of the rest of the boys!

Status
Not open for further replies.