• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Brumbies, SFS Saturday 26 July

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I guess we'll be there from mid/late afternoon. I can't over-imbibe*, with only two weeks until City 2 Surf.

a Wettex for the spittle from the Pfitzy-sprinkler might be handy. I'm guessing he does the full 360.

Pfitzy ain't got time for looking back. It'll be 180 degrees pure frontal.

* "over" being a relative term.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I guess we'll be there from mid/late afternoon. I can't over-imbibe*, with only two weeks until City 2 Surf.

Pfitzy ain't got time for looking back. It'll be 180 degrees pure frontal.

* "over" being a relative term.
Unless there's a headwind.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Hawko, is 8:00am too late? I'll see what I can do about an earlier start if you like. :rolleyes:

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
True - just a dodgy fridge. :(
Are you all sorted from that now?
No carpet on the bedrooms so combined with the sub zero temps out here, the ducted air con is going berko trying to warm the joint!

Builder fronts up tomorrow to see if we have to to open any walls and let the drying process finish. Some of the skirting boards are moving but they all appear to be timber as none of them have expanded. Garage is a drop down slab so EDIT the walls will get cut open I suspect as a LOT of water flowed down there.

Carpet dude Wednesday to measure up. Mrs TA wants to upgrade the quality but that will cost a bit given its a McMansion ;) want to get the carpet back down asap because the concrete dust is getting around a bit.

Contents claim is in with the insurer but some of the pieces we can't find direct replacements for - particularly the colonial timber style stuff. Mrs TA sad about one piece in particular but decided no point in repairing it if it's the only piece of that style left. Plus the insurer would have to pay more and I don't want that argument.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
What time is kick-off at the Clock? I'm coming up from Adelaide and I'll need to eat before the game; I can't think of better company to do it in!

Hawko, is 8:00am too late? I'll see what I can do about an earlier start if you like. :rolleyes:

It could be a long day. I'm figuring starting at the pub with a late-ish lunch and ending with an early-ish dinner before strolling to the SFS is the way to go :D

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member

Clearly they're not going to keep selling tickets at the same pace for long but certainly an encouraging start!

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Wonder how the member pre-sale went? If every member bought 1.5 tickets that's already nearly 25K.

I reckon we'll probably hit mid-30s unless the bandwagoneers really get going.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
That would be awesome - just like the Test match but swathed in blue.

Well I've got @Lindommer in my allocation as well as a non-member mate. Hopefully everyone else is on the same page.

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
This has been a pretty special season so far, and I got my tickets pretty well as soon as I could so lets hope more of the Sydney rugby watching public does the same.

Of course, the lack of free to air coverage does hurt the team, but with the way they're playing at the moment surely there'll be a lot of people inspired to come and support the boys.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Just bought my tickets, still plenty available

Seats still available in bay 32 ................... so a sell out is a while away (plenty of time)

I did my usual and booked up stairs behind the corporates in Bay 49 (better view for me up high and because half the area is corporate and they have waiters, the bars are easier)

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
You've all got your tickets by now I hope. Once again Pfitzy, Braveheart and I (and fatprop?) will be guaranteeing victory by downing a few hop-flavoured sparkling waters before the game, for which space has been booked at The Clock in Surry Hills. However, the manager wants to get an idea of numbers, if it's going to be more than 15 he'll move us to a larger area. PLEASE indicate here if you're going to show.

Ten of us had a late lunch at The Clock on Sunday, 18 May before the Lions match. The food's up there with the best bistro pub grub going around and they have at least six craft beers on tap, including a German wheat beer, a Sierra Nevada and a 4 Pines among others. The Local Taphouse is booked out, I reckon it'll be chockers that day.

Not sure if I can make the pre game drinks, I am still in negotiations as to the days schedule, will know more next week

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Righto, let's give Cheiks a hand and pick his team for him. Apparently everyone's back on deck apart from Hodge and Dennis, although there was mention of Lance sustaining some sort of strain on Saturday. Mine:

1. Robinson
2. TPN
3. Kepu
4. Douglas
5. Potgieter
6. Hoiles
7. Hooper
8. Palu
9. Phipps
10. Foley
11. Horne
12. Beale
13. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
14. Alofa
15. Folau
16. Latu
17. Tilse
18. Ryan
19. Skelton
20. Chapman
21. McKibbin
22. Carraro
23. Crawford

Commiserations to Cutch, Betham, Lance and big Taqele. A special sob for Dave Dennis.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Commiserations to Cutch, Betham, Lance and big Taqele. A special sob for Dave Dennis.

While I think your numbers 1-21 are spot on, the last two bench spots will depend greatly on Lance's fitness, and the opposition. Crawford had a good game against the Reds I heard, so 23 might also be sewn up.

I would rule Betham out, basically on the fact that, despite his game breaking ability, a semifinal is not the time for a long-term injury.

Then we consider what we want against either the Chiefs, Brumbies, or (hopefully) Highlanders.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Yer could be right about those last two. I'm inclined to pick our side and let others worry about us. Crawford's a special player of mine, able to play 11/14/15 and comes with a bloody big boot. He's an instinctive winger who's had a small dose of second-year syndrome but looks to be running into form. Compared to big Taqele Cam's a smart footballer and, more importantly, gives us additional cover from the bench. Crawford and a moveable Rob Horne give us quality replacements from 10 to 15. Looking at it like that it might be possible to go with a 6/2 bench. Tempting.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
While I think your numbers 1-21 are spot on, the last two bench spots will depend greatly on Lance's fitness, and the opposition. Crawford had a good game against the Reds I heard, so 23 might also be sewn up.

I would rule Betham out, basically on the fact that, despite his game breaking ability, a semifinal is not the time for a long-term injury.

Then we consider what we want against either the Chiefs, Brumbies, or (hopefully) Highlanders.

Betham should get some time at Uni this weekend if he is now fit

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Yer could be right about those last two. I'm inclined to pick our side and let others worry about us. Crawford's a special player of mine, able to play 11/14/15 and comes with a bloody big boot. He's an instinctive winger who's had a small dose of second-year syndrome but looks to be running into form. Compared to big Taqele Cam's a smart footballer, but, more importantly, gives us additional cover from the bench. Crawford and a moveable Rob Horne give us quality replacements from 10 to 15. Looking at it like that it might be possible to go with a 6/2 bench. Tempting.

If its the Brumbies we might end up with a 6/2 bench. Follow me on this:

The appointment of Joubers and Walsh this week means its likely Peyper and Jackson for the next week. That means we get more of a free-for-all at the breakdown, and that is bad if we're up against the Brumbies because they want negativity.

Therefore, we need more forwards to smash them silly and prevent To'omua et al getting clean ball and fucking ours up.

Theory at this point. Let's see what happens on the weekend.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I wouldn't mind Jackson, I reckon he refs a fair breakdown and favours the attacking side. Joubert would be a disaster though, he loves a holding on penalty. Peyper is a just a lottery at set piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.