• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

School sporting scholarships/recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brainstrust

Watty Friend (18)
Everybody has missed the most concerning issue arising out of the present broohaha; which is that Peter Fitszimons is now going to say something (anything) declaratory about it in capitals and with lots of exclamation marks.
Interestingly Farr-Jones didn't have a lot to say when his beloved imported New were terrorising lesser sides over the last 2 years .

alfred

Bob McCowan (2)
I would like to ask a question without getting my head bitten
off.
I will just say up front that I have no association with Scot's or New
If the main issue about Scot's is the scholarships/ bursaries and creating the super team why does no one comment on the fact that Newington has just as many scholarship/bursary boys in their 1st XV team as well

I do think it is quite funny that Newington who gave at least 15 scholarships out last season were the ones to cope a 3 digit loss. I just hope Scots get their turn as well!

alfred

Bob McCowan (2)
TSC will have done a statistical analysis of past HSC results which shows that candidates who do Advanced English perform better across all subjects than those who study English at a lower level.
They may have not gone further to see if the better results were a matter of causation or simple correlation. :)

SHORE make it compulsory for at lest 50% of the cohort to study standard english and achieve far better results than Scots and any other GPS school for that matter

GTPIH

Ted Thorn (20)
O'Shea's father used to work at Waverley then got a job at Joeys. Given the fee discount staff get it was a no brainer to move schools.

rugbycheersquad

Frank Nicholson (4)
Interestingly Farr-Jones didn't have a lot to say when his beloved imported New were terrorising lesser sides over the last 2 years .

You do know that Nick Farr-Jones kids don't go to Newington, don't you? They are at a different GPS school. He's speaking in his official capacity only.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
SHORE make it compulsory for at lest 50% of the cohort to study standard english and achieve far better results than Scots and any other GPS school for that matter

Somebody at Shore must understand the concept of normal distribution. Their strong rugby effort against View last Saturday shows they also understand ball distribution.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
letter not overly interesting ... only funny bit is

"earlier today I took a telephone call from wallaby Phil Kearns. He rang to let me know personally that his comments had been misquoted in the press".

on the other hand NFJ remains on the outer, and is scolded in fact 2 ... as he hasn't yet called in, and NFJ may lose his bate to next's year's 'french themed" rugby fund raiser, and almost certainly won't be having any more beauty treatments in the Scots College "ladies auxiliary's" hyperbaric chamber :(

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)

Shore do well, but I thnk they're a little behind Grammar and High in HSC results.;)

Your point about English courses is valid though.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
letter not overly interesting . only funny bit is

"earlier today I took a telephone call from wallaby Phil Kearns. He rang to let me know personally that his comments had been misquoted in the press".

on the other hand NFJ remains on the outer, and is scolded in fact 2 . as he hasn't yet called in, and NFJ may lose his bate to next's year's 'french themed" rugby fund raiser, and almost certainly won't be having any more beauty treatments in the Scots College "ladies auxiliary's" hyperbaric chamber :(

Sounds like the good doctor is taking on the airs of the parrot.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Yes ... But Dr Lamberts letter is based on facts ... as such it has no place on this forum ..
Except until you post it that hasn't been established as a fact and is in the same category you ascribe to every other post.
Odd that you don't want us to know what it says.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
letter not overly interesting . only funny bit is

on the other hand NFJ remains on the outer, and is scolded in fact 2 . as he hasn't yet called in, and NFJ may lose his bate to next's year's 'french themed" rugby fund raiser, and almost certainly won't be having any more beauty treatments in the Scots College "ladies auxiliary's" hyperbaric chamber :(
That's fantastic.
As to the entirety of what he is quoted as having said?
Or just the good bits?
I was misquoted too: should be a letter coming home this Arvo pointing that out.
Anyone else want to seek diplomatic immunity while it's on offer?

rugbycheersquad

Frank Nicholson (4)
What a lot of baloney. He is a New old boy.

What's "baloney" about it? Yes NFJ is a New old boy, but his kids don't go there. If he was a died-in-the-wool, loyal New supporter (who according to your inference, lacks the capacity for independent thought), wouldn't you think he would have sent his sons there?

B

Brumby Jack the 1st

They receive a better rank in the Paper, that isn't necessarily better results jut one particular measure. Do you value a band six in standard English as much as one in advanced?

Status
Not open for further replies.