• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Official Shield Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
It wouldn't be specifically that shape of wood, as the specific piece of wood we acquire will be based on price and time we get it. Who knows what shape it will be other than being organic.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Yeah something natural is the way to go. I like that, but the staying power of the bark edge is something to be looked at.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Did the prophet Moses and his spokesman brother Aaron get to lead their people unto the Promised Land?

Hell no! What the original leaders started, others had to finish.

O yea, as I have told thee, G&G spoke to Lord Logo and Pfitzy, “I have surely seen the affliction of my people who have no Trophy and I have heard their cry because you did not lift your hands for the new Shield as you ought."​

The best way for this thing to happen is for someone good at organising to step in and take charge (TBF I also know I wouldn't be able to make it happen).

1. Set up a web location to collect donations for the new trophy.
2. Get someone to make it (let them create it from a basic design brief).
3. ???
4. erm, PROPHET!!!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
How is the Green and Gold Rugby Challenge Shield looking?

Not too long before NRC ver 1.0.2 is rolled out.

Maybe we should keep the Challenge Shield as a virtual shield.

With each successful challenge, Gagger should send the winning NRC franchise an email informing them that they have won the right to use the G&GR Rugby Challenge Shield image for promotional purposes until they are beaten in a home ground fixture. That message could include a copy of the Challenge Shield with an updated virtual "engraving" on the Challenge Shield.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
surely the lords of GAGR could set this up outside the realm of anyones personal liability to actually get a nice and unique trophy made. We just need a nicepiece of burl and a wood carver

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
The Ranfurly shield was originally donated by the then Governor of NZ, The Earl of Ranfurly. Sir Peter Cosgrove would be our equivalent now, so why not lobby him to seize the day. I'm sure the Cosgrove Shield would be an appealing concept to him!

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
you can get burl from wherever, I have a mate whos a cabinet maker, or you could take it to a mens shed org. that way its involving local communities as well, closest mens shed to me and the sydney north shore people would be willoughby mens shed.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
you can get burl from wherever, I have a mate whos a cabinet maker, or you could take it to a mens shed org. that way its involving local communities as well, closest mens shed to me and the sydney north shore people would be willoughby mens shed.

how much do you need to make it happen?

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
can vary in terms of the burl between like $100-$1000, we'd have to decide on how big we wanted it, then communicate with the turners to see how we wanted it styled.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Get a kickstarter going or something along those lines, promote it here and elsewhere online. Gold Brigade and such.

Get a GAGR rep to present it to the Rising, or the Spirit or City, whoever we decided won it on whatever rules it were to be.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Does anyone know what happened to the sign hooper tackled last year? Surely someone could craft the vanquished foes of a wallaby captain into a fitting trophy.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
My old man used to have a few burls in his shed. Redgum, spotted gum maybe. Doubtful he still has them so don't pin any hopes on it but I'll ask him.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Both the big ones Indiegogo and Kickstarter support projects in AUD. Indiegogo is 9% total raised, with 5% refunded if the goal is reached for 4% total. Kickstarter is 5% flat. Both have 3% + $0.50 charge on Paypal and Credit card transactions, with Indiegogo having higher foreign currency fees.

Don't know much about the smaller or local ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.