• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Yes I think quite a few will watch the game, TT.

Games between the respective clubs have always been entertaining and hot-headed.

Whatever team has the best defence will win. I think Easts match Brothers in the backs, however, the forwards battle will be a different story with the Brethren being too strong.

With that being said I think it will be close.

Cannot wait. Especially through having bragging rights up until Round 16.

warrenwobble

Ted Fahey (11)
What about the battle of the west? Uni off their game recently...should have lost to Easts, lost to Souths and Wests usually a bogey team for them at Sylvan Rd.

Some nice, if not raw, new players down at The Kennel too. The 13, The 2x wingers and Lynch the 6 has been playing well but I see he is out...not sure why - can only presume injured.

Should be a few pissed dawn service attendees still there by the 4pm kick off to add a little banter from the sidelines....

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
What about the battle of the west? Uni off their game recently.should have lost to Easts, lost to Souths and Wests usually a bogey team for them at Sylvan Rd.

Some nice, if not raw, new players down at The Kennel too. The 13, The 2x wingers and Lynch the 6 has been playing well but I see he is out.not sure why - can only presume injured.

Should be a few pissed dawn service attendees still there by the 4pm kick off to add a little banter from the sidelines..
Should be a good close battle and I am loving all the work wests have done for Anzac Day but I do think it's a bit of a stretch to call wests, Uni's bogey team after only 1 win in 5 or 6 seasons.

T

Tigers Tale

Red Heavy - be careful because one day Wests will put in an 80 minute effort.

Good luck SX - let's hope its tomorrow.

Dyson

Peter Burge (5)
Wests vs uni should be a good battle up front aswell the two props that left Wests to go to uni vs the new guys at Wests. It would be nice if Wests had a few reds like uni to even it up a bit. Wests should go alright they are close to a win.

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Either team can win today TT I was more suggesting that to be a bogey team you probably need a bit more success than 1 out of 10 or 12 games.

Sef will be with the Reds and Ruben is injuried still so Patty (originally from uni as a centre before stints with Logan and wests) will be the only ex dog lining up against uni.

Harry Struss, Morseu, Devyn smith (briefly) Helu and Caslick (unless he is injuried) are all lining up against their old club for wests

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Looks like easts turned around a big first half time defiect to get over brothers by a point, must have been a good game.

Uni up over wests 49-22. Things did not look good for uni 12 min into the game when our half back was sent off for punching. Wests were up 10 - 5 shortly after but playing with 14 men really kicked us into gear and played it at a great pace.

Lots of good players out their but jack de guingand was the level above and got a hat trick for his troubles.

Huge Garryowen

Frank Row (1)
Massive effort from Easts. Understrength, down to 13 men for a vital period, down 20-3 at halftime and Brandon knocks over a 40m penalty to win it after the bell. On a side note The Thor got a lesson in scrummaging tonight. I was a neutral supporter and bros will more then likely blame the ref, but to be honest they just seemed to run out of gas and got real sloppy. Great game and actually worth the 5 bucks admission.

T

Tigers Tale

Massive effort from Easts. Understrength, down to 13 men for a vital period, down 20-3 at halftime and Brandon knocks over a 40m penalty to win it after the bell. On a side note The Thor got a lesson in scrummaging tonight. I was a neutral supporter and bros will more then likely blame the ref, but to be honest they just seemed to run out of gas and got real sloppy. Great game and actually worth the 5 bucks admission.

I'd pay $5 ever week if Easts could go to Crosby ever week an win like that.

Absolute thriller - Brondon had a chance 3/4 from end at point blank range and hit the post but got the chance to get Tigers home in a game that thrilled all.

Green and the Thor impressive with ball in hand in rhd first half but quiet in the 2nd when Easts just wouldn't give up.

Got to give thumbs up to Sampson & Ant Conellan that have certain got the Tigers to never give up with 3 wins in the 80th minute and 5 from 6.

A win v Snbk at home next Sat will sow up a Welsby Cup spot.

T

Tigers Tale

Filth I won't slip the boot in because that was a great encounter.

But that's 3 losses with Uni next week that means two more and it might be over but they do have good BPs even tonight I think they got 2 x BP.

I won't brag I just want Easts to get a top 2 spot but lots to do before then but that win tonight is a huge injection of belief.

T

Tigers Tale

To my GPS followers that loss to the 'bank makes it 5 losses which means good night 2015.

What does that mean for Dammers?

girtbysea

Ted Fahey (11)
Not happy Jan....but what a great arvo of footy. Should be more of the later starts and night games. We lost but it was good end to end rugby. Brothers had more than enough chances but Easts did not give up. Can some one tell me why Sam Greene does not get a chance at higher honours, and please don't say defense. This kid will end up in another non Qld franchise and we will all say yet again how did we let him go. (PS trying really hard not to mention the last few penalties !!!)

T

Tigers Tale

Not happy Jan..but what a great arvo of footy. Should be more of the later starts and night games. We lost but it was good end to end rugby. Brothers had more than enough chances but Easts did not give up. Can some one tell me why Sam Greene does not get a chance at higher honours, and please don't say defense. This kid will end up in another non Qld franchise and we will all say yet again how did we let him go. (PS trying really hard not to mention the last few penalties !!!)

Girtby - that's footy.

Win some lose some.

Sam Greene just needs to keep doing it - his defence is heading in the right direction by all accounts - he missed a couple of kicks tonight which is most unusual.

Can't wait for the rematch at the Den.

Some Bros wag on the hill tonight claimed it as a moral victory - you can have that one we'll take the 4 points thanks for a great evening of rugby.

T

Tigers Tale

By the looks Greene might be the back up #10 to Frisby next year for Reds - The bloke who should be the Reds #10 next year is already at Toulon - UJ Seuteni

Status
Not open for further replies.