• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galloper

Darby Loudon (17)
The point I'd like to make Big Dog is that if you cast stones you should have the facts to back it up.

To be totally honest not many really care about who wins a reserve grade game between GPS & Brothers.

You and some of your GPS colleagues have come on the forum this week with various comments ranging from:
- being disgruntled with the efforts of your Prem Grade side;
- potentially defaming your new coach - Dammers;
- complaining that Dammers doesn't get the famed "GPS culture";
- alleging that there was an unsubstantiated refereeing error in reserve grade
that should be adjusted by changing the official result;

I have been accused (rightly so) for being "one eyed" & also protagonistic towards officialdom and other clubs on this forum in the past, but it just seems to me that the GPS contributors to this forum have this week taken the pressure off me as being the biggest whinger(s) on the forum.

Can I just say in defence of Dammers - he has done something that the GPS Premier Grade side hasn't in the last 19 years and that is win a competition, so he might not get the "GPS culture" but does understand a thing or two about a "Winning culture", and I for one would prefer that my club had a "winning culture" rather than a "whining culture".
Tigers Tale, Today at 9:40 AM Report
That's an appalling post TT.
Now you're simply making stuff up to suit your twisted anti-GPS narrative, and verballing The BigDog at the same time - what "stones" has he cast? His comments on the conversion issue have been very mild and reasonable
Why you're so vitally interested in the result of a Prem Reserves game not involving your club is beyond my comprehension, other than to put shit on GPS. What exactly is it with you and GPS, it's bordering on obsession.....
Stare decisis - you clearly have no idea of the concept, so maybe stick with Kipling, or some tortured biblical references, next time.

T

Tigers Tale

Big Dog - just go back a few pages and read the posts - it is the GPS contributors who started all this.

Remember mate Rugby is a game, it's not life and its not war.

In the words of the Rolling Stones - You can't always get what you want

For the record Easts have spent many a year at the tail of the comp but I don't think we'd go airing our dirty linen to those who mostly really aren't that upset that the GPS Premier Grade side sit in 8th place on the ladder with 1 win, 4 losses and a F&A of -70.

T

Tigers Tale

That's an appalling post TT.
Now you're simply making stuff up to suit your twisted anti-GPS narrative,...

Galloper what stuff am I making up?

Maybe I am a little anti-GPS but that only stems from the arrogance your club displayed during the 2013 final series. Details of which I will not go into.

And you asked for it:-
You reap what you sow
(Galatians 6:7)

Neville Magee

Stan Wickham (3)
I totally agree that nobody really gives a flying whatsit about a Reggies game - other than the 30 or so lads who were quite spent at game's end and the nice thing is that they probably don't really care either because it was last Saturday and the world has moved on. For what it is worth, I am confident I saw each of the three Brothers kickers - Harding, Stitt and Burey - each slot one conversion from the 6 meat pies the team scored. I was standing behind the sticks for each respective half. Obviously I was dreaming and not concentrating. Methinks not though.

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Can someone please return this thread to anything other than the Brothers vs GPS reserve grade.
Regards - voice from grandstand.

girtbysea

Ted Fahey (11)
Can someone please return this thread to anything other than the Brothers vs GPS reserve grade.
Regards - voice from grandstand.

Beer Baron..sorry but last time. Result has been reversed Jeeps reggies up by a point. Apparently GPS score book had Brothers up by 1 and Brothers book had Jeeps up by 1. Sanity prevails the right result.

T

Tigers Tale

Finally something for GPS to smile about!!!

Good luck to the Gallopers v Sunnybank this Saturday in what has become a must win encounter for the "Finsbury Girls".

Lonebookend

Frank Row (1)

Good luck to the Gallopers v Sunnybank this Saturday in what has become a must win encounter for the "Finsbury Girls".

Every game is a must win one for every team, I think TT. Will be a huge challenge for GPS on current form from both teams. Sunnybank looking very good right now and GPS not so much. Having said that GPS have liked playing there in last 5 seasons or so. Usually close win either way. Not the same forward pack for GPS that we have seen in that time. Very small and pretty inexperienced, apart from Gorman, Freney and McVerry. The latter was outstanding last week. Tough and classy.
Btw the women, thirds, fourths and Prem Colts have had a few wins so far so some things to be happy about. I know its a Premier thread so hope its OK to say that...?

Galloper

Darby Loudon (17)

Hey TT

Last word, and my last piece of advice:

Ephesians 4:29:

Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouth, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

If I'm not mistaken, that passage also appears in clause 23 (1)(ii)(a) of the Jeeps members handbook (2013 edition)......

T

Tigers Tale

Can you give us your starting line up, TT? Or some idea?

Filth I don't think we'll be at full strength still a few boys that may or may not get up for the game - but there will be no excuses.

I remember in 2010 we went to Crosby undermanned and came away with the upset.

Looking forward to an afternoon/evening of rugby after the Anzac Day commitments in the morning.

Lest we forget.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Easts are:

Easts: AJ Campbell, Sam Richards, Kirwan Sanday, Greg Riley, James Moore, Tyrell Barker, Tom Milosevic, Elias Power, Jack Mullins (c), Matt Brandon, Johnny Wilder, Matthew Gordon, Toby White, Joel Faulkner, Michael Tweedy

T

Tigers Tale

Good luck Reg with the Radio coverage.

What is your prediction for the Crosby game? Who will win it and how?

T

Tigers Tale

Filth have you been telling the Thor brothers to run at Brandon?

I have a feeling that it will go down to the wire tomorrow - lets hope so.

Do you think there will be a big crowd?

Status
Not open for further replies.