• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
(2) they can't fit in a full 2 x 40 min half game before the main game without opening the gates earlier which costs a bucketload of money.

Oh no.. We don't want the QRU spending money!!! We don't wanna promote Grassroots footy... It will cost money to do so.

Geesh.

They use to have curtain raisers, what's changed?

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Big Dog - Re the Prem Reserves result - shouldn't the managers have made sure of the result when the match book was written up and signed off by the referee?

Can the result be changed now that the Referee has signed off the result?

What a shocker?

Yeh not exactly sure about the details as there was clearly some confusion with the situation. The game is currently marked 'red' on rugbylink which means the result is being disputed and looked in to. From what I know, there is official video footage (not just some bloke with his iphone) of the kick going over so maybe they will find grounds to change it in favor of GPS.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Mate not totally sure, I had a quick look at the videos, maybe 33rd minute of 1st half? A part from that i'm not quite sure what else to think. Christie certainly didn't say anything to the ref after the non-whistle on that kick though. Will have to wait and see!

T

Tigers Tale

Big Dog - if the conversion you are talking about is the one @ 33:57 (first half) on the video - then I think you will find it misses.

From what I could see at the freeze frame at 33:56/57, it goes the other side of the upright, the touch judges don't award it and neither does the referee. Christie takes a good hard look at it but doesn't dispute the call.

If this is the one I don't know what the issue is?

You "Finsbury Girls" are clutching at straws.

People don't like bad losers and maybe some of you out Yoku Rd way need to heed Rudyard's words:

"If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!"

(Apologies for the repetition of Rudyard from yesterday's post.)

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Ha! Ok TT, as you can see in my above post I literally have no idea which kick is being disputed. That was merely one which I noticed as a possibility.

I'm not sure who thought to put an appeal in, what the evidence is or what the outcome will be. On Saturday afternoon though everyone at Yoku had accepted it as a loss so I think labelling people 'bad losers' is a touch too far.

Anyway lets just move on and look forward to this round.

T

Tigers Tale

For those GPS scholars out there - please consider the "doctrine of stare decisis".

The operation of the doctrine of stare decisis is best explained by reference to the English translation of the Latin phrase. “Stare decisis” literally translates as “to stand by decided matters”. The phrase “stare decisis” is itself an abbreviation of the Latin phrase “stare decisis et non quieta movere” which translates as “to stand by decisions and not to disturb settled matters".

T

Tigers Tale

I'm not sure who thought to put an appeal in, what the evidence is or what the outcome will be. On Saturday afternoon though everyone at Yoku had accepted it as a loss so I think labelling people 'bad losers' is a touch too far.

Someone at Yoku is because they lodged the appeal and I would have thought that somebody in a very high post would have had to sign off on the appeal.

But as you've said let's move on to round #7.

aka_the_think

Jimmy Flynn (14)
AKA Richie has been playing Prem Reserve grade for Bond. He had surgery in the preseason and has only returned to the game in the past couple of weeks. Slowly building confidence and match fitness. He is a behemoth like his brother and if he keeps working away will be an outside chance for a crack at the NRC

Cheers mate, appreciate the response.

That's all heartening news. I hope for his, and perhaps our sake, he works his way up the rungs, plays good footy and becomes a regular in the NRC like his brother. I'd love to see the two lock down together at NRC (or maybe Super, maybe Wallaby) level - not sure how people would handle two 209cm second rowers (assuming Rory and Richard develop to the point where those selections are well and truly justified).

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
“stare decisis et non quieta movere” which translates as “to stand by decisions and not to disturb settled matters".[/I]
You are taking the piss here aren't you TT? Or does complaining about ref's not count?
Spoke to some people who played in that game and most of the brothers players thought/knew they lost. And are under the belief that the matter has already been altered in GPS favour.

T

Tigers Tale

You are taking the piss here aren't you TT? Or does complaining about ref's not count?
Spoke to some people who played in that game and most of the brothers players thought/knew they loss. And are under the belief that the matter has already been altered in GPS favour.

Red I have seen the error of my ways past - I am much more passive to referees these days.

If the conversion which is in question is the one at 33:47 in first half video then it would appear from the footage that it misses. No one from GPS has been able to point us to another conversion so we have to take it that this is the one in dispute.

I just think that these things are better dealt with on the field of play and like it or lump it the decision of the referee is final.

Red have a look at the vision do you think it goes to the left(in) or right(out) of the right hand upright?

I haven't raised the issue on this forum others did that - I am just giving an opinion on the facts, granted with a little tongue in cheek by providing some colour & intellect.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
If the conversion which is in question is the one at 33:47 in first half video then it would appear from the footage that it misses. No one from GPS has been able to point us to another conversion so we have to take it that this is the one in dispute.

My information is very second hand TT so feel free to watch the footage and figure it out yourself. I was told there was a conversion the referee didn't call and hence it didn't go into the score books. That could be wrong. Maybe it was a conversion the ref did call but for some reason didn't go into the score books. Unfortunately I don't have 80mins to burn at the moment and go through the match video with a fine tooth comb.

Jeeper

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I think the dispute may actually be a conversion that was added for brothers which actually missed.. the GPS scoresheet and the on ground score board counted one more brothers goal than the brothers scoresheet.

Anyway, this weekend should be a good weekend of rugby!

T

Tigers Tale

The point I'd like to make Big Dog is that if you cast stones you should have the facts to back it up.

To be totally honest not many really care about who wins a reserve grade game between GPS & Brothers.

You and some of your GPS colleagues have come on the forum this week with various comments ranging from:
- being disgruntled with the efforts of your Prem Grade side;
- potentially defaming your new coach - Dammers;
- complaining that Dammers doesn't get the famed "GPS culture";
- alleging that there was an unsubstantiated refereeing error in reserve grade
that should be adjusted by changing the official result;

I have been accused (rightly so) for being "one eyed" & also protagonistic towards officialdom and other clubs on this forum in the past, but it just seems to me that the GPS contributors to this forum have this week taken the pressure off me as being the biggest whinger(s) on the forum.

Can I just say in defence of Dammers - he has done something that the GPS Premier Grade side hasn't in the last 19 years and that is win a competition, so he might not get the "GPS culture" but does understand a thing or two about a "Winning culture", and I for one would prefer that my club had a "winning culture" rather than a "whining culture".

T

Tigers Tale

Would appear from this article that QPR clubs will have their Aust U20 Reps available this weekend for the last time before the JRWC.

http://www.rugby.com.au/News/NewsAr...n-Under-20’s-bolster-Shute-Shield-stocks.aspx

Gunn joins Wilkin & Placid in the squad to give it some Tiger spirit along with Adrian Thompson (coach) who is former Premier Grade Premiership (1999) Coach at Easts. Thompson also coached the Filth about 3/4 years ago.

I think Shane Arnold(GPS) is also on the coaching panel.

The QPR players in the squad are:

Aaron Pleash - Uni of QLD
Adam Korczyk - Uni of QLD
Lolo Fakaosilea - Sunnybank
Michael Gunn - Easts
Duncan Paia’aua - GPS
James Dalgleish - Uni of QLD
James Tuttle - GPS
Campbell Magnay - GPS
Harry Nucifora - Bond University

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I'm a bit disappointed that Brothers v Easts isn't 'Game of the Round'.
Considering it is 2nd v 4th.
However, on the other hand, I would like to see a replay of Wests v University. I think Wests will get the chocolates. I can't remember the last time the Dogs won over the Students.

TT, if Easts are missing Sanday and Paraka, I think your scrum might have a few issues on Saturday.

T

Tigers Tale

It is not often that I say this but I tend to agree with you Filth re the scrum on Saturday.

Having said that Easts were down on troops in the scrum last year and nearly somehow but for the Sam Greene try pulled off a win.

Crosby is a hard place to go to and win so the Tigers will have to be at their best and their efforts v Souths & Wests over the last two weeks won't be enough to get them home this Saturday.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
The point I'd like to make Big Dog is that if you cast stones you should have the facts to back it up.

To be totally honest not many really care about who wins a reserve grade game between GPS & Brothers.

You and some of your GPS colleagues have come on the forum this week with various comments ranging from:
- being disgruntled with the efforts of your Prem Grade side;
- potentially defaming your new coach - Dammers;
- complaining that Dammers doesn't get the famed "GPS culture";
- alleging that there was an unsubstantiated refereeing error in reserve grade
that should be adjusted by changing the official result;

I have been accused (rightly so) for being "one eyed" & also protagonistic towards officialdom and other clubs on this forum in the past, but it just seems to me that the GPS contributors to this forum have this week taken the pressure off me as being the biggest whinger(s) on the forum.

Can I just say in defence of Dammers - he has done something that the GPS Premier Grade side hasn't in the last 19 years and that is win a competition, so he might not get the "GPS culture" but does understand a thing or two about a "Winning culture", and I for one would prefer that my club had a "winning culture" rather than a "whining culture".

TigersTale - that is without doubt the worst post you have done in all your years on these forums.

For you to come out and say that GPS supporters have been 'defaming' Dammers is bullshit. Maybe the 'culture' isn't so great at Easts that when a Premier Grade side isn't performing you guys let it all slide. I don't think anyone on here has said anything derogatory but merely voiced opinions about a team on paper which should be winning games.

Also, when were stones cast? It was mentioned the other night that the Prem Reserve score may have been incorrect. No one came out blaming Brothers, the ref or GPS. It was merely implied it was wrong and therefore could be corrected.

Pull your head in mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.