• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Train Without a Station

Liquor box that's a bloody long bow to draw. The ARU are pissed at Quade from 2012, to lull him into a false sense of security they've contracted for 3 seasons since and now are extracting their revenge by not looking at a flexible contract for him under the guise that him playing about 5 super rugby games in 2012, 2014 and 2015 whilst also missing games in 2013 makes him not suitable to playing more rugby?

A bit far fetched I think.

T

TOCC

With Tapuai off that leaves Anthony Fainga'a as the only remaining member of the 2011 GF backline.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Big mistake by Graham and company to not even try the combination of Tapuai and Kerevi.
He never gave Tapuai a chance IMO, after explaining he wanted to play with width this season he chooses a centre combination of Fainga'a and Keveri that have let's be serious next to no passing/playmaking ability. How do you play with width if your centres can't pass.
Earlier this season he opted for F'Sautia and K Hunt still yet to see the width in the game develop.
To me he is a reactive coach and it further shows by his recruitment plan. We can not be a side that competes with a number of rookies in the core squad. The reason why he won't be at the helm of the Reds in 2016.

Big news still to come out in the Quade saga, am hearing the QRU and the soon to be appointed 'coach' are deciding whether to put back an offer to Khodder after Quade expressed interest to the ARU the he wants to stay put. He has also been offered an ARU 'flexy' top up after the World Cup.

Michael Chieka and the ARU are working overtime to keep him in Super Rugby.
Thank fuck for the ARU. Yeh I said it.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
Intruder, anything you can say about the "new coach"? Or will it be revealed at the Galah's Ball?

I'm hearing it will be announced at the Gala ball. My prediction is that it won't be a coach already on the caching staff i.e Nick Stiles looks very likely to be someone from overseas with an Australian background.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
For the brumbies. He's started a fair few games for them this season and has looked pretty good I reckon. He started for them in the Semi against The Canes I'm pretty sure.

Precisely! He's looked better every game with the Brums IMO.

A young and talented QLD rugby product through and through.

See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blake_Enever

And now we say how our locking depth is 'dire' etc. And surely RG knew that Ed O'Donoghue was in his twilight years.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Precisely! He's looked better ever game with the Brums OMO.

A young and talented QLD rugby product through and through.

See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blake_Enever

And now we say how our locking depth is 'dire' etc. And surely RG knew that Ed O'Donoghue was in his twilight years.

Please don't mention RG's name any more in this thread.
This is REDS 2016, and hopefully he has no further part in it.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Big news still to come out in the Quade saga, am hearing the QRU and the soon to be appointed 'coach' are deciding whether to put back an offer to Khodder after Quade expressed interest to the ARU the he wants to stay put. He has also been offered an ARU 'flexy' top up after the World Cup.

Michael Chieka and the ARU are working overtime to keep him in Super Rugby.

"Stay put" as in with the Reds? That would surely also have to mean the end of Carmichael & (assuming he didn't act unilaterally) whoever on the Board sanctioned his pulling the pin on negotiations with Quade.

At the risk of (again & wrongly) being accused of hating on QC (Quade Cooper), that's a lot of blood on the floor for the sake of a guy who these days is injured more often than not.................

redveincheese

Billy Sheehan (19)
"Stay put" as in with the Reds? That would surely also have to mean the end of Carmichael & (assuming he didn't act unilaterally) whoever on the Board sanctioned his pulling the pin on negotiations with Quade.

At the risk of (again & wrongly) being accused of hating on QC (Quade Cooper), that's a lot of blood on the floor for the sake of a guy who these days is injured more often than not.......
Let the blood flow.

Steve Pierce

Stan Wickham (3)
I feel sorry Tapuai. He was thrown in the deep end of situations. Everyone know that you need a centre who can play the ball. Both Kerevi and Fainga'a don't have that. Fainga'a offers nothing but solid defence. We can't get rid of Fainga'a because once you get rid of one twin the other will go. Which leaves us stuck again because we want/need Saia now that chib is gone. Don't know what the board is thinking with getting rid of taps.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
He was a tally cut. He started one game this season when he was thrusted into FB having next to no experience. Then played second fiddle the whole season.

Steve Pierce

Stan Wickham (3)
Well mate, take into consideration the time when Tapuai was a wallaby and playing top footy. He and Quade were playing as a very tight duo. The reds never gave him the opportunity to showcase his form except when they threw him to fullback, a position he has never played. From close contacts, I can assure you that he never wanted to leave and that the reds went about his future very poorly. I'd say where they went wrong. Magnay!! I'm a GPS man myself but boy! He offers nothing in both attack and Defence. I watched play his couple of super rugby games and he is such a waste of opportunity. I watched him play for Aus U20s and I still wasn't convinced to even notice that he is a professional rugby player. He has on played a couple of NRC games so I don't know why the reds botherd with him. I'm not impressed!

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)

At the risk of (again & wrongly) being accused of hating on QC (Quade Cooper), that's a lot of blood on the floor for the sake of a guy who these days is injured more often than not.......

Take the QC (Quade Cooper) element out and it is still blood that needs to be spilled. The teflon force field needs to be removed from this lot. These worms have turned Reds Rugby into compost.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Please don't mention RG's name any more in this thread.
This is REDS 2016, and hopefully he has no further part in it.

Perhaps no further part in it (but I'll believe it when I see it) but his legacy will surely continue to haunt the Reds through 2016.

Reactions: gel
Status
Not open for further replies.