• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Douglas wants to return to oz because of his pregnant girlfriend, who happens to be from Brisbane..

Reds are well short of depth at lock for 2016 so Kane would be a good signing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently so - Wayne Smith reported this (KD's Brisbane connection) last night and stated that it's the reason KD wants to join the Reds, not Tahs.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Apparently so - Wayne Smith reported this (KD's Brisbane connection) last night and stated that it's the reason KD wants to join the Reds, not Tahs.

Of course he would make that choice.

Tahs will slide backwards next year (for a few reasons) and the Reds on ascendancy.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
Also it's now fiancée not girlfriend. Kane popped the question last week.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: gel
T

Train Without a Station

Of course he would make that choice.

Tahs will slide backwards next year (for a few reasons) and the Reds on ascendancy.

Funnily enough the Waratahs finished 2015 with the same record the Reds did in 2012, only gaining 2 additional bonus points. Their home final was due to a weaker SA team than in 2012.

Most won't want to hear it but I see a scrape into the finals in 2016 for them, before a drop to the bottom unfortunately.

something

Jim Clark (26)
out of interest - would you prefer a team with extreme highs and lows (tahs / reds) or the perennial not-quite-high-enough achievers (brumbies)

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
WHEN is the alledged REPORT coming out to the members/public ???
Never. The report is for the board. If they don't like what it says then it will never see the light of day. Reds boards have never been ones for transparency.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Nostradamus. Tahs in semis, lose quite a few players, Reds near bottom , maybe with a coach change. As I know from cycling, going uphill at any gradient is ascending. ;)

AAAAj, so true.

But sometimes I found when riding my Malvern Star bike it was easier to control an uphill ascent as opposed to a freefalling, uncontrolled descent without the luxury of brakes...:)

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Officially been leaked one of the potential signings to be announced at the Gala ball.

Reds favourites to snare the signature of Kane Douglas

This has the appearance of a fishing exercise @Intruder. If so, you've certainly caught some very big fish above.

Isn't Douglas still contracted in England for next year?

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Time for the freaking QRU to come clean. Jesus. Our big statement at the Galah is a lock signing? Come on, where do you start explaining your depression with this? (I know you share it.)

As a 'middle child' growing up and then a lock all through my playing days, I have experienced middle child syndrome well into adulthood as opposed to the usual adolescent period. So my reaction to this sort of post is probably predictable.

Good locks are fucking important!!!

.....erm. Carry on.

Reactions: gel

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Never. The report is for the board. If they don't like what it says then it will never see the light of day. Reds boards have never been ones for transparency.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Actually, in their May 28 media release re 'the review' the QRU quite clearly committed to 'communicate' the outcomes of the review once it was completed 'in the second half of June'.....a time period now well passed.

The 'communication' commitment is at the very end of the applicable media release, link below.

See: http://www.redsrugby.com.au/News/Ne...eensland-Reds-high-performance-structure.aspx

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
On the positive side 2016 should be good.

New Coach
Some new players
Some departing players
Some new coaching staff including Brad Thorn
A restoration of a strong culture

Reds to make finals...

Status
Not open for further replies.